Rebecca Kemp Brent Creates Appliquéd Letters for Words and Monograms on It’s Sew Easy (Episode 1104-3)Educator Rebecca Kemp Brent uses basic computer fonts and a sewing machine to create beautiful monograms on It’s Sew Easy
. She shows how to use a basic word processing program to make patterns for letters. Using a Brother sewing machine with the Monogram Foot (N), you will see how simply you can create custom monograms! This can also be done using a number of our embroidery software programs, then transfer into your sewing machine. Rebecca will advise you of the needed steps. You’ll love personalizing pillows, totes and more using this technique from It’s Sew Easy.
- The Dream Machine Innov-is XV8500D
- Monogramming Foot (N foot)
- Your home computer with your favorite word processing program installed
- Your computer printer loaded with paper
- Embroidery Software
- Small sharp scissors
- SA5820 Medium Weight Tear Away Stabilizer
- Background Fabric of your choice (Whatever you will apply your appliquéd letter or letters to, could be a pillow panel or a shirt or fabric you will sew into a finished item later.)
- Monogram Fabric of your choice
- Fusible Web
Watch Video[youtube id="VJ-Ogv8nbdM"] We'd love to see what you make using Rebecca's method for Appliquéd Letters. Be sure to share your photos with us on social media by tagging us at #BrotherSews and #StitchingSewcial on Facebook
and stop by again in two weeks for another chapter from It's Sew Easy.
Brother is a proud sponsor of It's Sew Easy TV.
Leave a Comment
Your email will not be published. Required fields are marked with *