I was playing around with my BES4 Power Pack 2 software
and thought of this little saying. Yes, I could have embroidered the entire thing, but I wanted to use some of my Power Pack 2 tools for this one instead. I love playing with the different Heat Transfer Vinyl that is available. This project is quick and has very little sewing involved. I hope you enjoy it.
For this blog and accompanying video, here is some terminology that you may not be familiar with: Note: These are my definitions, not technical definitions.
- HTV – Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Weeding – the process of removing excess vinyl from Adhesive Vinyl or Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Carrier Sheet – The top plastic piece of HTV. This goes face down on the cutting mat and you do not cut through it. It allows you to carry it to your project to press it to the project without it falling apart.
- Half Cut – The process of cutting through the media but not the carrier sheet. This is a setting that can be turned on in the Settings menu of the ScanNCut DX225 machine.
- BES4 with Power Pack 2
- ScanNCut DX machine
– This project uses the ScanNCut DX225 machine. If you use a different machine you will need to adjust your blade depth appropriately.
- Blue craft felt 17 in x 12 in
- Stiff white craft felt for optional snowflakes
- Wood dowel
- Cut the blue craft felt to 17 x 12 inches. 17 inches is the height measurement.
- On the top of the long side fold the felt down 1 ½ inches to make a casing for the banner.
- Pin into place.
- Sew the casing with a straight stitch.
Leave a Comment
Your email will not be published. Required fields are marked with *