Every year Brother comes out with new pattern collections. I don’t generally like to use other people’s patterns — it’s one of the reasons I particularly love the ScanNCut. It’s so easy to scan in your own designs! However, I fell in love with the rhinestone design collection because it combines rhinestones with shapes to cut from HTV or fabric with fusible.
In this video I walk you step-by-step through the process of cutting and creating with the cactus image from this collection:
And here is the t-shirt that I made:
It turned out super cute! Because I used fabric, it does tend to have some fray at the edges. HTV would be perfect and not have any fray. HTV would also be easier to place (for the little extra details) because it comes with a carrier sheet. But, alas, I don’t own any green HTV, so I had to improvise and I’m so glad that I did! I love the way the patterned fabric looks with the rhinestones.
- You can purchase the Rhinestone Design Collection from an authorized Brother Dealer.
- The Rhinestone Starter Kit (and refills) can be purchased from a Brother Dealer or online.
- I used a heat press in the video, but you can easily do this project with an iron.
- Since you're layering HTV or fusible-backed fabric, be sure not to overheat it. The first few presses should be just long enough to tack everything down. The last press is what really fuses it all together.
- Always pay attention to manufacturer recommendations on temperature and time for pressing.
Leave a Comment
Your email will not be published. Required fields are marked with *