Add a touch of elegance to holiday festivities with Winter Wonderland Coasters! Enjoy them at home or bring a stack of four as a hostess gift to a holiday party. The tree and snowflake designs are suitable throughout the cold winter months and some how seem to warm up any room.
Brother Sewing and Embroidery Machine with a 4"x4" embroidery hoop
- (4) 8" squares of white linen or cotton
- (4) 8" squares of green linen
- (4) 8" squares of thin cotton batting or 8 flannel squares
Finished size: 5" Square
Makes a set of 4 Coasters
FREE PDF Project Instruction Sheet Download
- Embroidery Thread
- Machine Embroidery Bobbin Thread
- Sewing Machine Needle size 70/10 or 80/12
- Machine Embroidery Needle
- Fabric Chalk
- Sewing Pins
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Optional: Rotary Cutter/Mat for cutting Fabric
- Optional: ribbon for tying stack of coasters
Steps to make the Winter Wonderland Coaster Set
Embroider your Winter Wonderland Design in center of white linen square. For ease in accurate trimming, mark center of design before embroidery begins.
Hoop batting and green linen (with no stabilizer) for coaster backing. Embroider snowflake. Trim to 6".
Trim batting 3/4" from batting. Baste to linen.
Stitch squares together with 1/2" seam, right sides together,
with batting on top. Leave opening for turning.
Clip corners and turn coaster to right side. Press lightly.
Remove basting threads. Hand whip stitch opening closed.
Sew decorative or straight stitch 1/2" from finished edge.
Press lightly. Stack and tie with ribbon or cord.