-Brother Sews Blogger
Spring is an inspiring time of year! I love watching as the season begins to bloom. I especially look forward to sewing this time of year. Now you can show off your creativity with some handmade table settings in spring hues and pretty prints! These cute DIY napkin rings are perfect for Easter.
I wanted to create cute bunny napkin rings to use for our family Easter brunch this year. It’s a fun Easter craft for adults and kids. These are a fun DIY sewing project to make, even if you are a beginner! Get the tutorial below on how to make Bunny Napkin Rings.
- Brother SE1900 sewing machine
- ¼ yard fabric for 2
- small strip of fusible fleece
- loop turner
- craft pipe cleaners
- hot glue gun
- bunny ear template
- Main: 5.5 x 4”
- Center strip: 3 x 2”
- Bunny ear template x 2
- Fusible fleece strip: 5 x ¾”
On both rectangle pieces fold in the sides to the center and press.
For the larger piece tuck the fusible fleece inside.
Fold both pieces in half and press again to create strips.
Edgestitch both sides down on each piece.
Place the bunny ear pieces right sides together and stitch all the way around leaving a small ½’ opening in the center.
Clip the corners and curves. Use the loop turner to pull one side out and then repeat for the other side. Push corners out and press.
Connect one piece of pipe cleaner in the center by twisting the edges together (use white or another color you can’t see through the fabric, I used yellow so you could see the steps).
- Twist the center together a couple times to create the ears.
- Place through the fabric opening one side first, then you do have to fold it a bit to get it through the other side. You will need to adjust the pipe cleaner inside the fabric.
- Fold in half to create the ears. You can stitch up the opening if you’d like but we will be covering it either way.
Hot glue the main piece edges together to create the ring. You can sew as well but it can get tricky.
Hot glue the smaller strip underneath just over the ring seam to hide the attachment.
Once dry you can pull the bunny ears through.