Hello everyone. Laura here from Trash to Couture.
For this post, I will share with you how to create a beautiful lace ornament with your Brother embroidery machine! You’ll stitch this built-in Freestanding Lace Design on two layers of water-soluble stabilizer, then rinse the design in water, to leave only the thread. These ornaments make perfect gifts for everyone on your list (Color and specifications may vary).
- Brother Pacesetter Lightweight water soluble stabilizer (SA540)
- Brother embroidery thread
- Brother SE600 2-in-1 Sewing and Embroidery machine
- Brother SE625 2-in-1 Sewing and Embroidery machine
- Brother LB7000PRW 2-in-1 Sewing and Embroidery machine
Note: Here is a similar star design on iBroidery. Click here to download.
- Cut two pieces of lightweight water-soluble stabilizer several inches larger than your hoop. Place both pieces of stabilizer in your embroidery hoop. The stabilizer should be ‘taut like a drum’ in the hoop. Tighten the screw at the bottom of the hoop.
- Set up your machine to embroider. You will use the same embroidery thread in your top thread and in your bobbin. Take your desired embroidery thread, and wind a bobbin with this thread.
- Select a Star design (either design 018 or 019) from the built-in embroidery designs in your machine, and press the green ‘go’ button.
- Once the design is finished stitching, remove the hoop.
- Cut out the design from the stabilizer.
- Submerge the design in warm water for 2-5 minutes, until the stabilizer has completely dissolved.
- Use thread or ribbon to tie through the top hole of your star ornament.
- Enjoy your new lace star ornament!