Create this quick and easy Appliquéd Tulip Coaster on the Entrepreneur® Pro PR1000e 10-needle home embroidery machine
. This Tulip Coaster Appliqué is almost too pretty to use. Make as many as you want and in different colors! Finished Size: 4 ½” x4 ½”
MACHINE & ACCESSORIES USED:
- Entrepreneur® Pro PR1000e 10-needle home embroidery machine
- 5” x 7” Embroidery Hoop
Materials & Supplies:
- Embroidery Thread – Blue, Red, Green
- Embroidery Batting
- Embroidery Tape
- Tulip Coaster Appliqué FREE DESIGN <-- click="" here="" to="">-->
- Appliqué Scissors/Curved Scissors
- Blue Background Fabric (2) 6” x 6” and (2) 6” x 7 ½”, press the last two in half, wrong sides together so they finish at 6” x 3 ¾”.
- Red Fabric 3” x 3”
- Green Fabric 4 ½” x 4 ½”
- Hoop the embroidery batting in a 5” x 7” hoop.
- Load the FREE Appliqué Tulip Coaster Design that you have downloaded from the Materials and Supplies list above. There are 9 different thread color changes for this design. Add a Manual Stop to Color Change numbers 2, 4, 5, 6, and 9.
- Load the 4 thread colors in the appropriate positions to support the sequence of the design.
- Stitch out Color Change 1 – Placement Stitches for Blue Background Fabric. The Entrepreneur® Pro PR1000e will stop prior to Color Change 2 because you added the manual stop in Step 2 above.
- Place one piece of the 6” x 6” Blue Background Fabric on top Placement Stitches, then initiate Color Change 2 stitching.
- The Entrepreneur® Pro PR1000e will Tack Down the Blue Background Fabric and the Placement Stitches for the appliqué design. The PR1000e will stop prior to Color Change 4.
- Place the Red Fabric on top of the Placement Stitches for the Tulip. Initiate Color Change 4 to stitch out Tack Down stitches to secure Red Fabric to Blue Background Fabric. Remove hoop and Trim the Red Fabric using the Tack Down Stitches as a guide.
- Repeat for Green Fabric.
- Continue with Color Change 6, 7, and 8 which are Cover Stitches and Gold decorative stitches.
- Remove hoop from embroidery unit and turn it over. Secure second Blue 6” x 6” fabric, centered over Tack Down stitches, on the back using embroidery tape.
- Turn hoop right side up, place one of the 6” x 3 ¾” folded Blue fabric on top of the appliqué, with the fabric fold about ½” past the center mark on the hoop.
- Place the second 6” x 3 ¾” folded Blue fabric on the other half, about ½” past the center mark on the hoop. Use embroidery tape on top of the folded fabric to ensure the embroidery foot does not go under the fold.
- Color Change 9 is the final step and stitches the Blue fabric in place.
- Remove design from hoop and trim to 5” X 5”, which will give you a 1/4" seam allowance all around. Clip corners. Turn the coaster inside out.
The Tulip Appliqué Design is from the collection titled “Anna’s Dutch Garden” by Anna’s Awesome Appliqué Designs
and Brother International Corporation makes no representations or warranties regarding such products.
Leave a Comment
Your email will not be published. Required fields are marked with *