Time for another Brother Sews Quick Tip!Do you find the artistry in fabric prints fascinating? I do! Oftentimes I see a mixture of colors in a print and find myself inspired to mimic the combination in an embroidery motif. Selecting colors from artistically designed fabrics is a great way to create new and exciting embroidery combinations. Simply pick threads to closely match colors in the print and you’re well on your way to a new color combination. If you have the Enhanced Color Shuffling 2 feature on your Brother machine, you can pick your colors and preview a myriad of combinations. See it before you stitch it, choose a design that appeals to you, and you’re good to go!
See the basic steps for Enhanced Color Shuffling 2 below!
- Select a design from the built-in menu or imported from another source. For this example, I chose a favorite design from THE Dream Machine
menu. See Figure #1.
- This design has four colors that repeat. See Figure #2.
- Touching the Edit key will take you to the shuffling mode. See Figure #3.
- You can choose a variety of color variations. I selected Random to use four colors in the fabric print. See Figure #4.
- Next, I “pinned” specific colors. See Figure #5.
- A whole new world of design variations appears! Preview the combinations, pick what you like, and start stitching! See Figure #6a and Figure #6b.
Leave a Comment
Your email will not be published. Required fields are marked with *