Machine Used: THE Dream Machine® Innov-ís XV8500D
I have been often asked how long does it take to stitch out an appliqué design on THE Dream Machine® Innov-ís XV8500D. While there is a time duration on the design when loaded, that is actual stitch time by the embroidery machine. As such, it does not include removing the hoop from the embroidery unit, trimming the appliqué shape or changing thread colors. This does assume that you have already prepared your background and appliqué fabric, as well as selected all your threads, and stabilizer cut to size.
Single Hooped DesignTo illustrate how this would work on a single hooping design, let’s look at the screen on THE Dream Machine® Innov-ís XV8500D.
- There is great information on the screen, once the design is selected and loaded.
- Size of design (7.80”), Time: 46 min and number of thread color changes: 46
- This design will fit into an 8” x 8” hoop and the actual stitch time of the embroidery machine is 46 min.
- To estimate the full time to stitch out and trim appliqué, take this value, round up to 1 hr and then double it.
- This Tiger Lily Quilted Block will take about 2 hours to complete.
Multiple Hooping DesignWhat about a multiple hooping design you ask? Same principle, just round up to the nearest 30 or 60 min, double for each part, then add up the numbers. Take time to document the hoop size for each Part to prepare the sticky stabilizer ahead of time.
- The sample here is the Stargazer Lily Block of the Month design.
- The appliqué finishes at 16” x 20” which is stitched out in 4 different Parts and aligned with Crosshairs.
- Load Part 1 of the Stargazer Lily. Note the design size will use an 8” x 12” hoop and the time is 42 min.
- Round up to 1 hr and double to get a approx. time for Part 1.
- Part 2 is now displayed on the screen.
- Note the design size will use an 8” x 12” hoop and the time is 25 min.
- Round up to 30 min and double to get a approx. time for Part 2.
- Part 3 is now displayed on the screen.
- Note the design size will use an 8” x 12” hoop and the time is 10 min.
- In this case since there are only 2 appliqué elements, round up to 30 min and do not double to get a approx. time for Part 3.
- Part 4 is now displayed on the screen.
- Note the design size will use an 9 ½” x 14” hoop and the time is 47 min. Round up to 1 hour and double to get a approx. time for Part 4.
This is a block from Stargazer Lily Block of the Month design by Anna’s Awesome Appliqué Designs and Brother International Corporation makes no representations or warranties regarding such products.