Time for another Brother Sews Quick Tip!Sewing tips for Sheer, and Silky Fabrics such as Crepe Back Satin and Organza!
- Use super fine glass head pins to avoid snagging specialty fabric. If you haven't treated yourself to new pins in a while now is the time!
- Be sure to choose smooth, good quality thread. There are a few finer sewing threads on the market and these are ideal for finer fabrics.
- Select a sharp microtex type needle in a size 10, or a universal needle in size 8 to 10 for sewing seams.
- Consider lining garments with the self-same fabric or a matching lining to eliminate facings and avoid having to clean finish the seams.
- If you do need to finish raw edges you may want to consider using the triple zigzag stitch. You can set this stitch to a variety of widths and lengths and it provides a non-bulky finish for all types of fabrics, include those that are light weight. See Figure #1.
Leave a Comment
Your email will not be published. Required fields are marked with *