When stitching out an applique design in the hoop, trimming the applique fabric after Tack Down is key to having a nice finished edge around the applique. Here are a few quick and easy tricks to trimming the applique fabric.
- First, make sure you have a tight hoop, so the hoop does not pop open when you remove the hoop from the embroidery unit to trim the applique fabric.
- Remove the hoop fully intact from the embroidery to trim the applique fabric and place on a flat surface.
- Gently pull up on excess fabric, with curve tip scissors, trim the applique fabric using the Tack Down Stitch as a guide. It is ok to nip these stitches, as they will be covered by the cover stitch.
- Turn hoop as needed to follow the Tack Down stitches to continue trimming the applique fabric.
- Use scotch tape to pick up loose threads and fabric fuzz after trimming.
Leave a Comment
Your email will not be published. Required fields are marked with *