This embroidery tutorial highlights the Brother monogramming foot, labeled with an “N.” The N foot is commonly found in the included accessories for many Brother machines. If you’re looking for a replacement, this foot would be listed as a part available from your Brother dealer. The monogramming foot is designed for decorative stitching and for sewing out lettering and characters, (commonly known as monogramming) patterns in your machine. While there are some utility stitches mixed into the decorative menu, foot N is primarily for decorative patterns and stitches that do not lay totally flat on the fabric. See examples of various stitches from different Brother machine models in Figure #1a, Figure #1b, and Figure #1c.
Below are features that make foot N ideal for stitching decorative patterns and characters.
- The N foot is a genuine Brother Accessory, made from quality materials and designed to use with patterns included in the Decorative and Character/Monogram menus of your Brother embroidery machine.
- This wide, snap on foot has a 7mm opening in the center.
- The clear view in the center provides excellent visibility.
- Designed with a deep groove on the bottom side, the monogramming foot slides easily over bulky decorative stitches.
- Use the monogram foot for satin stitching with a dense zigzag, and your stitches will flow smoothly under the deep groove on the foot.
- Dash lines on the foot show where stitching starts and can also be used as an alignment guide when pivoting a corner.
Leave a Comment
Your email will not be published. Required fields are marked with *