More than 50 years of manufacturing expertise mean the highest quality gearmotors and reducers for a range of industries. Our products are manufactured in cutting-edge facilities both domestically and internationally.
Select your state or province from the dropdown to find a representative.
Brother Gearmotor Five Year Limited Warranty
Brother Gearmotor delivers the ultimate peace-of-mind by offering an industry leading warranty: a full five years on our entire line of standard products.
Have questions about gearmotors? Brother has the answers! Whether you know the ins and outs of gearmotors, or want to know which gearmotor is the best for your business, we can help. Read on to learn more about gearmotors and how to find the top gearmotors on the market!
What is a gearmotor?
A gearmotor is the result of combining an electric motor with a gearbox into one streamlined device. Gearmotors are typically used when there is a need for high torque output as well as lower shaft speed. Gearmotors offer a cost-effective and reliable option for many applications, providing you with superior energy efficiency without sacrificing quality or reliability. Gearmotors can be used anywhere, from your home in the form of a can opener to lifting heavy machinery in commercial jacks.
What are some factors to consider when purchasing gearmotors?
Remember, not all gearmotors are created equal; the best gearmotors will provide you with reliability, consistency, and performance you can trust. Here are some of the things you should look for when shopping for gearmotors:
- High efficiency motors: Reduce operating costs and keep your business running smoothly by making sure your gearmotor has a high efficiency motor that will work as hard as you do.
- High efficiency gearbox: It’s not enough to have a motor that’s high efficiency; you need to ensure that your gearbox is of the same quality. Brother gearmotors utilize hypoid gearing technology, increasing efficiency and reducing wear over time.
- High grade grease lubrication: The best gearmotors come equipped with a high-grade grease that will last for the lifetime of your device. This helps dramatically cut down on maintenance costs, and reduces downtime so you can spend more time working.
- Triple lift shaft seals: Protect your machinery by investing in triple lift shaft seals, which provide three times the protection against dust and lubricant loss, both of which can negatively impact your device. While many gearmotors opt for dual lip seals, triple offers an extra layer of security that you can rely on.
- O-ring sealing: Another great feature that will help keep your maintenance costs low is O-ring sealing. This helps keep your lubricant from leaking out of the gearbox case, providing you with a longer life for your product.
- Protective electrostatic coating: If you want your gearmotor to operate reliably regardless of the environmental conditions, electrostatic coating could be the solution you’ve been searching for. Also known as the e-Coat process, this coating helps keep your gearmotors protected from harmful chemicals, scratches and scrapes, and even the rough washdown procedures used by many processing plants.
How do I choose the best gearmotor for my needs?
When it comes to finding the best gearmotors for your business, compatibility is key. It is vital that you determine if the gearmotor you’re looking at fulfills the specific requirements of your application. Does the gearmotor match up in terms of torque, speed, and efficiency? Once you’ve determined that, be sure to investigate the thermal characteristics and design limitations of the prospective gearmotor. Ask about gearbox input speed, intermittent duty cycles, and gearbox yield strength as well to make sure you’re picking the best gearmotor for your needs.
What features are found in the best gearmotors?
Depending on the particular application you need it for, there are a variety of features to look for in gearmotors. Some of the features include:
- Quiet operation
- Top-grade seals
- Top-grade grease