Description of Problem 100000005664
How do I clear the message "Print Unable" (followed
by a two character code) from the display? Description of Solution 200000006881
The message "Print Unable" (followed by a two digit code) will appear onthe display if there is a mechanical malfunction of the Brother machine OR a foreign object, such as a paper clip or ripped piece of paper is stuck in the machine.
First, check the machine for any foreign objects:
1. Lift the scanner cover using the plastic tabs located on the left andright side of the machine until it locks securely into the open position. Look inside the Brother machine and remove any foreign objects.
2. Lift the scanner cover to release the lock. Gently push the scanner cover support down and close the scanner cover.
If the message continues to appear on the display the machine will need to be reset. Resetting the machine will erase all faxes in memory and the Fax Journal Report. However, there is a way to transfer faxes in memory and the Fax Journal Report to another fax machine to print them out.
NOTE: In order to transfer data from your fax machine to another, you must have the Station ID programmed in your Brother machine, prior to the message appearing on the LCD
- To transfer faxes in memory to another fax machine continue to STEP 3.
- To transfer the Fax Journal Report go to STEP 4.
3. Verifying and transferring faxes stored in memory:
a. Press Menu, 9, 0, 1. Note: This menu option will only appear if the LCD is displaying an error message (example: No Paper Fed, Print Unable,etc). The menu option will NOT appear if a status message is displayed on the LCD (example: Ink Empty).
bi. If there are NO faxes in memory, the LCD will display NO DATA. Continue to STEP 5..
c. If there ARE faxes in memory, the LCD will prompt you to enter a fax number. Enter the fax number where you want to receive and print the faxes.
d. Press Black Start. Once the machine has transferred the stored faxes continue to STEP 5.
4. Transferring the Fax Journal Report
a. Press Menu, 9, 0, 2.
b. Enter the fax number where you want to receive and print the faxes.
c. Press Black Start. Once the machine has transferred the stored Fax Journal Report continue toSTEP 5..
5. To reset the machine, unplug the Brother machine from the power outlet for several seconds and then plug it back in.
- If the #Print Unable# message reappears your machine will require service.