It's In Our Nature: Brother Toner & Ink Cartridge Recycling Program
At Brother, we take our environmental responsibilities seriously and encourage our customers to do the same. With your help, we can continue to minimize our impact on the environment.
Pack: Reuse Your Shipping Box to Package and Return Used Cartridges
To participate in Brother's toner and ink cartridge collection and recycling program, simply reuse the shipping box from your new Brother toner and ink cartridges to package and send back your used cartridges.
Brother’s toner and ink cartridge collection and recycling program is only for end users of Brother products using Brother genuine toner and ink. No bulk shipments of empty cartridges will be accepted through this program.
Ship: Attach the SmartLabel® to Your Package and Drop It Off Anywhere in the U.S. Postal Service Mail System
Print and attach the SmartLabel® to your package so it is clearly visible to mail carriers, and drop it off to return anywhere in the U.S. Postal Service mail system. No additional postage or insurance is needed — this shipment is pre-paid by Brother.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to FAQs
- Do I have to print out a new label if my toner cartridge came with a Newgistics USPS® SmartLabel®?
- As a convenience to customers, a return shipping label is included with many of our toners. If you find a Newgistics USPS SmartLabel® in the box your toner arrived in, please use it to send the used toner back to Brother instead of printing a new label.
- What do I do if my toner cartridge came with a FedEx label inside?
- Pack the used toner cartridge for return as indicated above and attach the FedEx® label, which comes with some older Brother toners. You can return the toner to us using any FedEx® location. If you wish to use USPS® to return your empty cartridge, please follow the instructions above for creating a SmartLabel®.
- Which label should I use if my toner came with a UPS® label and a Newgistics USPS SmartLabel®?
- As an added convenience to our business customers, we now include UPS® labels in select toner cartridge boxes. If your business is already a UPS® customer, use this label to recycle toner and include this package in your regular pickups. If you are a home-based consumer/business or a business that does not ship via UPS®, please use the Newgistics USPS SmartLabel® and follow the instructions above for return.
- Who should I contact if I am having problems printing a label from the website?
- Contact Brother customer service.
- Can I photocopy and reuse a SmartLabel®?
- No. It is against U.S. Postal Service regulations to photocopy and reuse a SmartLabel®. Please generate a new SmartLabel® for each return shipment.
- Can I use these services to recycle my cartridges if I live outside the United States?
- If you are not located in the U.S., please go to our global site to find out about your country’s recycling programs.
- How can I print a shipping label?
- You can Create a USPS SmartLabel® through your Brother account for free shipping. Simply login to create your FREE shipping label today!