Description of Problem 100000014826
The LED lamp on the machine is flashing in RED. What should I do?Description of Solution 200000019113
1. Press the On/Off key once; see if the LED lamp turns to GREEN. If yes, the size of the DK roll in the machine does not match the size selected in the P-touch Editor. Change the DK roll in the machine or change the size selected in the P-touch Editor.
2. Turn off the machine (hold the On/Off button until the LED lamp goes off).
3. Disconnect the communication cable (network or USB) from QL machine except for the power cord.
4. Turn on the machine. If the LED lamp flashing in RED, then the machine needs to be service.
5. Press the Feed button. If the LED lamp flashing in RED after pressing the Feed button. The DK roll may not installed into the machine correctly, try reinstalling it again.
a. Press the On/Off button to power off the machine.
b. Open the top cover by lifting up the two black levers located on the left and on the right side of
c. If there is label roll inside the machine, lift it upward to remove it from machine.
d. Position the new label roll with the leading end at the top of the roll and pointing toward the front of the machine. Ensure the tape of labels is NOT under the foot of the right spool. The foot has to make direct contact with the six switches located on the right side of the DKRoll compartment.
e. Place the label roll into the DK Roll compartment. Ensure the tab on the right spool slide between the opening of the guides on the right side of the machine and the roll is seated firmly in the compartment.
f. Thread the end of the roll under the one-inch plastic guide on the side of the machine and continue threading it out just to the opening infront of the machine until you can see the end, ensure it is not protruding out of the opening.
g. Place both hands on the top cover, just below the clear window and push downward. You should hear it click into place, left and right side.
h. Press the On/Off button to power on the machine and the LED should light up in GREEN. If the LED lights up in YELLOW, the top cover is notfully closed. Push down on the top cover with both hands again.
i. Press the Feed button once; the LED should remain lit in GREEN. If not the machine needs to be service.
6. Reconnect the cable (network or USB) to the machine and try printing out a label.
7. If the LED lamp flashing in RED, try another cable and connecting it another network outlet for network setup, for USB try another cable and connecting it to another USB port of the PC.
8. Try un-installing and reinstalling the driver.
The machine has a two year limited exchange warranty. If the machine is in warranty, call Brother Customer Service at 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) for warranty options.
If the machine is out of warranty, contact a Brother Authorized Service Center for repair by clicking on the link below: