Business Solutions: Security for Devices, Documents, & Networks
Built with a number of security features typically found in higher-priced enterprise-level devices, Brother business printers and MFPs deliver advanced security
features that address the common print security threats businesses are facing today, including:
- Device & network security
- Weak company-wide security policies
- Accessibility of all printer functions to all employees
- 24/7 access to business documents
- Exposure of documents and information sent to and from device
To help protect against print security threats and maintain compliance, Brother offers triple-layer security features to help safeguard your network, keep your devices secure, and protect documents in transit to and from print devices.
Limit device access at the group, individual and activity level. Select features include the following:
- Setting Lock allows a user to set a password to prevent unauthorized access to device settings.
- Secure Function Lock limits access to device settings and select functions.
- Secure Print+ releases print jobs when a user logs into device - no servers or applications required. This is an optional add-on.
- Active Directory Authentication allows for user authentication and restricts access to the machine features.
Select features include the following:
- Secure Print allows a user to pause printing until physically at the device. A PIN can be assigned to the print job.
- Built-in Near Field Communication (NFC) Authentication allows for walk-up authorization to release print jobs and restrict access to device functions without requiring an external card reader. NFC Badge Authentication paired with Secure Function Lock can be used to control access to the device without the need for third-party software or servers.
- Active Directory Print Release requires a user's Active Directory username and password to unlock the device and collect documents.
- IP Filtering limits access to the device by white listing IP addresses belonging to machines authorized to connect or black listing unauthorized machines.
- IEEE 802.1x Authentication allows administrators to accept or reject users who want full access to a network.
- Network Internet Printing Protocol (IPPS) encrypts print data streams with TLS as they move across the network.
- Scan to SSH Server (SFTP) enables scanning to a SSH Server using end-to-end security based on RSA encryption and Public Key Authentication for highly secure scan-to-cloud applications.
- IP Security (IPSec) establishes end-to-end security and privacy by maintaining secure tunnels and encrypting all data carried over the network.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3) enables management of network devices securely with user authentication and data encryption.
- Syslog Report supports the sending of alerts from Brother devices to popular SIEM-monitoring tools on potential security risks from the devices on the network.
Value Services & Custom Solutions
From enhanced collaboration to increased document security, Brother Value Services and Custom Solutions feature an expanded portfolio of personalized service and solutions offerings designed to meet the needs of mid-to-large size customers. Inclusive of customization and integration capabilities, this suite of solutions helps to resolve unique document management challenges and meet critical business requirements.
Securing Your Business Infrastructure
Developing and implementing proactive security policies, while simultaneously being challenged by a variety of threats creates a major dilemma for IT Security professionals. Brother offers a number of solutions to address these issues. Whether developing a proactive policy based on the CIS 20 Critical Security Controls, or complying with regulation standards such as PCI DSS, or HIPAA, Brother can help address your security concerns and objectives.