Fabric Cutting Crafts – Fabric Die Cutting
Estimated read time: 3 minutes
From fashionable accessories to elegant home decor, with fabric cutting crafts you can create virtually any textile project you can imagine. You can make gifts for family and friends, or create a variety of goodies to add style to your surroundings. Want to get started on your own fabric crafting adventure? Read on to learn all the basics of fabric cutting.
What are Fabric Cutting Crafts?
Fabric cutting crafts are crafts that can be created by cutting fabric into specific shapes and sizes. With a reliable fabric cutting machine, you can make precise cuts in your chosen fabric and easily craft all sorts of exciting things. The only limit to what you can create with your fabric cutting machine is your own imagination.
What Machine and Supplies Do I Need for Fabric Cutting Crafts?
There are a few basic tools you’ll need to have handy in order to get started.
- Fabric Cutting Machine: For an exact cut every time, you’ll need a good fabric cutting machine. With the Brother ScanNCut, users have the ability to slice through even thick textiles, so each fabric shape comes out exactly as intended. The ScanNCut also allows you to scan in text, designs, and logos of your own for a truly unique crafting experience.
- Fabric: Before you get started, make sure you have enough fabric to get the job done right. There are all sorts of different fabrics available, so do some research to determine which is right for your craft. If you’ve been saving leftover material that you aren’t sure what to do with, you’re in luck: You can use the scraps to create something entirely new, so be sure to keep those pieces handy.
- Sewing Kit: You don’t need fancy supplies for fabric cutting crafts—just some sharp scissors, needles, and thread, and you’re ready to go!
What Projects Can I Create With Fabric Cutting?
Need a little inspiration to get started? We’ve rounded up just a few of the great projects you can create with your fabric cutting machine. Find a pattern you like, make sure you have all the necessary tools (see the list above for the basics), and get ready to create some unforgettable items.
- Tote Bag: Stay stylish on the go with a cute and colorful tote bag that shows off your personality and keeps all your essential items handy.You can make a wallet or clutch, or if you have more fabric, you can design a chic sling bag.
- Table Runner: Add some excitement to your home décor with this memorable table runner. There are countless patterns for creating unique and elegant table runners depending on your style and experience level, so take some time to explore and find the one that’s best for you.
- Block Quilt: Got lots of leftover fabric, and need a way to use it up? Try a colorful and cozy quilt that will add flair to any room.
- Fabric Earrings: Amp up your style with this fashion-forward look! You can create one-of-a-kind jewelry that will wow friends and family alike and show off your flair for fashion.
- T-Shirt Scarf: Wish you had more room in your closet, but not sure what to do with your collection of shirts? Upcycle those beloved old t-shirts and add some chic accessories to your wardrobe at the same time with this easy and enjoyable fabric craft.
- Picnic Blanket: You’ll be more than ready for fun in the sun with an adorable and cozy picnic blanket. A great way to use up extra scraps of fabric, this project has delightful graphics that will leave you smiling (and ready to load up that picnic basket with all sorts of delicious snacks).