Your session has timed out. Please log in again
Inkjet Printers – All-in-One Inkjet Printers
They’re one of the most widely-used types of printers in the world – and for good reason. Inkjet printers produce high-quality color images and clear, sharp text for a variety of users, including home, home office, business, and more. But do you really know how inkjet printers work? We’ve rounded up some of the most commonly asked questions about inkjet printers, from what the benefits are to how to choose the best inkjet printer for your needs. Read on to learn more.
What is an inkjet printer and how does an inkjet printer work?
Inkjet printers rely on dye or pigment-based ink to create images and text. Using small nozzles, the ink is sprayed directly onto the paper in predetermined shades and shapes. Color inkjet printers can produce high-quality graphics and rich, sharp color photos. They are commonly used in offices and homes around the world.
The benefits of an inkjet printer can include:
- Image Quality: Inkjet printers can produce excellent sharpness and image clarity. Use them to produce high-quality photographs, bright graphics, and other images. And don’t forget about black and white; color inkjet printers can also yield black and white documents that are crisp and easy to read.
- Lower Printing Costs: Brother offers high-yield and super high-yield ink cartridges that provide higher page yields at affordable prices.
- Speed: Office inkjet printers are built for maximum performance to deliver pages quickly and efficiently. Select inkjet models can deliver up to 20 to 35 pages per minute (depending on whether you’re printing black and white or color).
- Ease of Use: Even those who don’t consider themselves to be technologically savvy can take full advantage of an inkjet printer. They’re designed to be simple to use and easy to operate.
It’s important to regularly use your color inkjet printer to maintain optimal results. An inkjet printer performs regular maintenance cycles to help keep internal mechanism ready for printing.
Is an inkjet printer the same as an all-in-one printer?
No, they are not the same. An all-in-one printer, also known as a multifunction printer is capable of performing multiple functions, including printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. The good news is, there are many all-in-one inkjet printers to choose from. Not every all-in-one printer is an inkjet printer; they may be laser printers that use toner instead of ink. To learn more about the difference between the inkjet and laser printers, check out our article on Inkjet vs. Laser.
Is an inkjet printer right for me, and what’s the best inkjet printer for my needs?
An inkjet printer or inkjet all-in-one printer might be the best choice for you if you:
- Print a lot of graphics and images
- Need high-quality graphics and photos
- Want to conserve desk or counter space
- Are looking for an affordable printing option for your home, home office, schoolwork, or business
To determine which Brother inkjet printer is best suited for your needs, start by determining how many people will be using the printer and what your estimated print volumes will be. From there, you’ll also want to consider the following features and functions:
- Print speed: If you need documents quickly, be sure to compare the “pages per minute” each inkjet printer offers.
- Two-Sided Printing: Duplex printing, which enables you to easily print on both sides of the paper, may come in handy and help you save on paper costs.
- All-In-One Options: If you need to go beyond printing, all-in-one, or multifunction, printers offer print, copy, scan and fax functionality for maximum versatility.
- Flexible Connectivity: Wireless printing and sharing from your Brother inkjet printer is simple, as most models are equipped with advanced network connectivity. Some models offer both wireless and Ethernet networking as well as mobile device printing for the ability to print from your laptop, smartphone or tablet.
- At Your Side Support: Have questions or concerns? Brother offers At Your Side support via online or live chat for the life of your inkjet printer, so you always have the answers you need!