Brother Authorized Partner Program Application FAQs
What is the difference between Reseller E-mail Address and Contact E-mail Address?
The Reseller E-mail Address field is where you enter your company’s e-mail address. This could be a more generic e-mail, such as email@example.com.
The Contact E-mail Address field is where you enter the e-mail address for the primary point-of-contact for the Brother Authorized Partner Program. This e-mail will be used for communications and updates regarding your application. Also, we will set up this e-mail as the first username for your company to access the Brother Partner Portal.
Can I use the same e-mail address for Reseller E-mail Address and Contact E-mail Address?
Yes. Although we recommend that you enter a different Contact E-mail Address due to the sensitivity of the information sent to this e-mail, we will accept entries with the same e-mail address for the two fields.
What is DBA?
- Sometimes, companies do business under one or more different names. DBA stands for “Doing Business As.” DBAs are also known as “trade names,” ”fictitious names” or “assumed names.” If your company has one or more DBAs, we are asking that you provide us with that information, so we can better serve and support you.
Does my primary website need to be transactional (with products for sale online) for me to be approved for the Brother Authorized Partner Program (BAPP)?
- No. You do not need a transactional website. However, we do require your company to maintain a fully functional website.
What does “commercial e-mail” mean?
An e-mail address using a domain owned by your company. Example: firstname.lastname@example.orgWe will not accept applications with e-mail addresses from free personal e-mail providers, such as Gmail and Yahoo.
My company does not have a commercial e-mail address, can I still become a Brother Authorized Partner?
- No. Unfortunately, we will only approve your company to become a Brother Authorized Partner with a commercial e-mail address. Free personal e-mail providers (e.g., Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.) will not be accepted.
What is Inside Salesforce?
- It is your sales personnel who reach and interact with customers by phone, online or via mail, rather than meeting them in person.
What is Field-Deployed Salesforce?
- It is your sales personnel who reach and interact with customers in person.
I never sold Brother products in the past, and therefore I do not have a number for the Total Annual Revenue for Brother Products in this Program (USD). How can I answer this question?
- We do not require you to provide historical information only. You can answer with an estimate.
What is the definition for Small/Medium Business and Enterprise/Corporate?
Small/Medium Business: Businesses with 499 or less employeesEnterprise/Corporate: Businesses with 500 or more employees