The DCP-9040CN is a color laser copier with up to 21ppm color laser printing and high-quality color scanning suitable for any home office or small/medium sized business. Now you can produce your own rich color output instead of outsourcing your color copying or printing. Also, choose from a variety of copying features such as the ability to reduce or enlarge documents from 25-400%, multi-copying up to 99 copies or copy two or four pages onto one page to save paper.
- Fast color laser printing and copying. Delivers an impressive color and monochrome print speed of up to 21 pages per minute, and copy speeds of up to 17 copies per minute.
- Outstanding print quality. Produce brilliant, colorful presentations, brochures and documents that will give you a competitive edge.
- Network connectivity so you can share its functionality. Its 10/100 Base-TX (Ethernet) interface‡ enables multiple users to share its powerful print and scan capabilities.
- Versatile paper handling. It has an up to 250-sheet paper tray for letter or legal paper and also a convenient up to 50-sheet multi-purpose tray for envelopes, labels or letterhead.
- High quality color scanning. Available from either the document glass or through its up to 35-page automatic document feeder, you can scan documents, images and more.
- High capacity replacement toner cartridges‡. Lower your cost per copy, since you won’t have to replace toner cartridges as often.
- One Year On-Site Limited Warranty. Provides industry leading support right to you.
- Convenient 35-page capacity auto document feeder . Scan or copy multiple pages at a time using the 35-page capacity auto document feeder.
- Up to 21ppm color and black print speeds
- Up to 2400 x 600 dpi rich color output
- Ethernet and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- 35-page capacity auto document feeder for multi-page documents
- Stand alone copying - no PC required
- Up to 17cpm color and black copy speeds
- 250-sheet capacity letter/legal paper tray plus a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray for envelopes, letterhead, labels or card stock
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device
- Standard Interface(s)
- 10/100 Base-TX (Ethernet) and Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing and Scanning
- Standard Network Interface
- 10/100 Base-TX (Ethernet)
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), WINS, NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP, IPPS, FTP Server, SSL/TLS, POP before SMTP, SMTP-AUTH, TELNET, SNMPv1, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, APOP, LLTD responder, Raw Port(PC scanner), FTP Client
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- NDP, RA, DNS, mDNS, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP, IPPS, FTP Server, SSL/TLS, POP before SMTP, SMTP-AUTH, TELNET, SNMPv1, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, APOP, LLTD responder, Raw Port(PC scanner)
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 17cpm Black
- Color Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 17cpm Color
- Copying Capability
- B/W & Color Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Letter / A4
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 22.4" x 24" x 28.1"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 85.0 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 17" x 19.2" x 19"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 72.2 lbs.
- Black Print Speed (max. ppm)
- 21ppm Black
- Color Print Speed (max. ppm)
- 21ppm Color
- CPU (Processor) Speed
- 300 MHz
- PCL6, BR-Script3‡
- First Time to Print
- Less than 16 seconds (mono) and less than 17 seconds (color)
- LCD Display
- Yes (Monochrome)
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 16 characters/2 lines
- Max. Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 35,000 printed pages
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 35,000 printed pages
- Print Resolution (max dpi)
- Up to 2400 x 600 dpi
- Toner Save Mode
- Security Functions
- Secure Print
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) TN110BK Standard Yield Black Toner Cartridge (2,500 pgs‡)(1) TN110C/TN110Y/TN110M Standard Yield Color Toner Cartridges (1,500 pgs‡ each)(1) DR110CL Drum Unit (17,000 pgs‡)User's GuideQuick Setup GuideAC Power CordSoftware CD-ROM for Windows®Software CD-ROM for Mac®
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- (1) TN110BK Standard Yield Black Toner Cartridge (2,500 pgs)(3) Standard Yield Color (C/M/Y) Toner Cartridges (1,500 pgs each)(1) DR110CL Drum Unit (17,000 pgs)
- 1 Year On-Site Limited
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Approx. toner yield based on 5% page coverage (letter). Drum yields are an approximate rating and may vary by the type of use.|
|Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||Max. capacity based on using 20 lb. paper.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary