Compact Monochrome Laser Printer for Homes or Home Offices The Brother™ HL-2230 monochrome laser printer offers fast printing at up to 24 pages per minute and high-quality output for producing crisp, professional letters, reports, spreadsheets and other documents. Its stylish, space-saving design complements virtually any environment. In addition, the HL-2230 offers convenient paper handling via an adjustable, 250-sheet capacity tray‡. To help lower your operating costs, a high-yield replacement toner cartridge‡ is available.
- Fast laser printing. Helps improve your productivity with a print speed of up to 24ppm.
- Stylish, compact design. Features a small footprint that helps save valuable workspace.
- High-quality output. With a print resolution up to 2400 x 600 dpi, the HL-2230 produces professional-looking output with crisp text and excellent graphics.
- Convenient paper handling. The HL-2230 monochrome laser printer can meet all of your printing needs via an adjustable 250-sheet capacity paper tray‡ that handles letter or legal size paper and a manual feed slot for printing envelopes and letterhead.
- Straight-through paper path. A manual feed slot and rear paper exit provide a straight-through paper path to ensure that all of your printed materials always look their best.
- Toner Save mode. Use less toner and save money by using Toner Save mode for your less critical business documents
- 8MB memory
- 250-sheet capacity paper tray for letter or legal size paper, plus a single-sheet manual feed slot for envelopes or thicker media
- Space-saving compact design
- Prints up to 24ppm
- Up to 2400 x 600 dpi resolution
- Outstanding customer support. The Brother™ HL-2230 offers a 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Standard Interface(s)
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 17.6 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 14.8 lbs.
- Black Print Speed (max. ppm)
- 24ppm Black
- CPU (Processor) Speed
- 200 MHz
- First Time to Print
- Less than 8.5 sec.
- LCD Display
- Max. Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 10,000 pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Print Resolution (max dpi)
- HQ1200 (up to 2400 x 600 dpi)
- Print Technology
- B/W Laser Technology
- Printer Driver Compatibility†
- Windows® Mac OS® & Linux
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 250 to 2,000 pages
- Standard Memory
- 8MB Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Manual Feed/Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡
- Single-sheet manual bypass
- Max. Paper Capacity with all Options
- 250-Sheet Paper Capacity
- Media Type
- Plain, Bond, Envelopes, Labels
- Optional Paper Trays (capacity)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- 100 sheets
- Output Paper Capacity with all Options
- 100 sheets
- Paper Handling Size - Manual Feed
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Envelopes, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 4.57-14" (l))
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6
- Sheet Weight - Manual Feed (min/max)
- 16-43 lbs. (bond)
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (min/max)
- 16-28 lbs. (bond)
- Standard Paper Capacity (sheets)‡
- 250-Sheet Input Capacity
Power & Operating Requirements
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)
- Operating Env: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Env: Temperature
- 50-90.5 degrees F
- Power Consumption - Sleep/Ready/Printing
- Power Source
- AC 120V 50/60 Hz
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) Starter Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 700 pages‡)(1) DR420 Drum Unit (yields approx. 12,000 pages‡)CD-ROM – Includes User's Manual and Printer DriversAC Power CordQuick Setup Guide
- "In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡
- (1) Starter Toner Cartridge (700 pages)(1) DR420 Drum Unit (12,000 pages)
- 1 Year Limited
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary