Desktop users and small connected workgroups will find the HL-5280DW ideal for wireless or small networks. This powerful laser printer offers all of the features of the HL-5250DN plus includes a built-in 802.11b/g wireless network interface and a 3-color LCD display.
- Flexible connectivity. Built-in wireless 802.11b/g and Ethernet network interfaces‡ allow you to easily connect the printer to your wired or wireless network.
- Protect your confidential documents. Ensure that only the people that should see a document actually do by utilizing the secure print feature.
- Easily print two-sided documents. Use the built-in duplex feature to produce professional looking documents, brochures, and manuals.
- Fast results. Operating at print speeds up to 30 pages per minute, this printer is an outstanding choice for busy desktop users or small workgroups.
- High-quality output. The HL-5280DW delivers up to 1200x1200dpi resolution to make all of your printed materials look their best.
- Large, versatile paper handling. An up to 250-sheet input tray and a 50-sheet multi-purpose tray‡ allow the printer to effortlessly handle letterhead and envelopes. Add up to two optional paper trays‡.
- Prints up to 30ppm
- Built-in wireless 802.11b/g and Ethernet network interfaces
- Duplex capability for two-sided printing
- 3-Color LCD display instantly shows printer status
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution
- 300-sheet standard paper capacity, expandable up to 800 sheets with optional trays‡
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan. Free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) from your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device‡.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) from your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device
- Simple setup with your SecureEasySetup™ capable router
- Standard Interface(s)
- Wireless 802.11b/g, 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, Parallel, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- - TCP/IP (ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), ICMP, WINS/NetBIOS, DNS, mDNS, LPR/LPD, Port9100, IPP, SMB Print, FTP, SNMP, HTTP, TELNET, SMTP, TFTP) - Apple's Simple Network Configuration for OS X 10.2.4 or greater
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 19.5" x 20.5" x 17.9"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 27.6 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 15.5" x 15.1" x 10.2"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 22.4 lbs.
- Black Print Speed (max. ppm)
- 30ppm Black
- CPU (Processor) Speed
- 266 MHz
- Duplex Printing Capability
- PCL6, BR-Script3‡, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX
- First Time to Print
- Less than 8.5 sec.
- LCD Display
- Yes (3-Color)
- Max. Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 20,000 pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- 64MB, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB (144-pin DIMM)‡ - 1 slot available
- Print Resolution (max dpi)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print Technology
- B/W Laser Technology‡
- Printer Driver Compatibility†
- Windows®, Mac OS® & Linux
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 500 to 3,500 pages
- Standard Memory
- 32MB Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Manual Feed/Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡
- 50-Sheet Multi-purpose Tray
- Max. Paper Capacity with all Options
- 800-Sheet Paper Capacity
- Media Type
- Plain, Bond, Envelopes, Labels, Transparencies
- Optional Paper Trays (capacity)
- LT-5300‡ (250 sheets) x 2
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- 150 sheets
- Output Paper Capacity with all Options
- 150 sheets
- Paper Handling Size - Multi-Purpose Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Envelopes, Custom Sizes (2.75-8.5" (w), 4.57-14" (l))
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6
- Sheet Weight - Multi-purpose Tray (min/max)
- 16-43 lbs. (bond)
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (min/max)
- 16-28 lbs. (bond)
- Standard Paper Capacity (sheets)‡
- 250-Sheet Input Capacity
Power & Operating Requirements
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)
- Avg. 27dB / Avg. 53dB
- Operating Env: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Env: Temperature
- 50-90.5 degrees F
- Power Consumption - Sleep/Ready/Printing
- Power Source
- AC 120V 50/60 Hz
- Wireless Network Security
- SSID/ESSID, 128/64 bit WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), LEAP (CKIP), and None
- "In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡
- (1) TN550 Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (3,500 Pages)(1) DR520 Drum Unit (25,000 Pages)
- 1 Year Limited
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Toner yield is approximate, based on 5% page coverage (letter). Drum yield is approximate, and may vary by type of use.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary