Managed Print Services (MPS) – Maximizing Business Efficiency and Profitability
Use MPS to automate processes and gain control over your printer fleet.
MPS - The Mortar That Binds
Whether your printer fleet consists of 5 or 5,000 devices, visibility, control and management can be achieved by deploying an array of customized services, collectively called Managed Print Services (MPS). Think of MPS as the mortar that binds your print infrastructure together, creating a unified network of devices and solutions that work in concert to help IT administrators efficiently measure, monitor, and manage workflow.
The benefits of MPS are far-reaching:
- Assists with regulatory compliance
- Boosts bottom-line cost savings
- Provides tighter document, data, and device security
- Increases operational efficiency and productivity
- Reduces IT burden
- Supports environmental initiatives
One Size Does Not Fit All
Brother takes a different approach to MPS, one that is based on the belief that one size does not fit all. Brother’s team of expert MPS consultants, vertical market specialists, solutions engineers, and reseller partners are available to help analyze your existing document processing environment, and then make personalized recommendations aligned with your organizational and individual goals.This discovery process helps our team members design a strategy, and road map, to reach those goals, taking into account your unique organizational culture.
The MPS program is administered by your Brother Authorized Partner, but Brother Managed Print resources facilitate that engagement. These resources include responsive, skillful professionals that support every stage of a best-practices MPS program:
- Assessment – Understand existing environment and uncover opportunities to align with your goals
- Design – Develop a comprehensive plan to help you achieve your goals
- Implementation – Deploy solutions efficiently and manage transition
- Management – Proactively manage fleet to sustain goal achievement
Brother collaborates with a nationwide network of knowledgeable partners to offer advanced, business-class Brother laser printers, MFPs, scanners, and software solutions, along with seamless deployment, supply chain, technical support, and service. Working together, the partnership between Brother and channel partners sets the stage for an effective managed print program, whether you are a Fortune 500 company or a local business. Our broad portfolio of solutions and services can be tailored to fit your specific needs. Typical managed print services include:
- Automated meter reads – Accurate/timely billing, predictive forecasting
- Cost recovery – Tracking, charging, and billing for print/copy/scan/fax usage
- Custom user interface – Standard user interface can be modified on select Brother products
- Data collection – For accounting, auditing; help support compliance/policy mandates
- Discounted supplies – With commitment to purchase Brother Genuine Supplies
- Proactive email alerts – Printer status, support requests, supply orders, maintenance cycles
- Enhanced security – User authentication, secure print release, ID card reader
- Remote configuration – Print driver install, clone device settings, mass deployment
New Office Dynamic
As a result of Covid-19, you are likely navigating uncharted waters, making MPS a smart strategy. Take, for instance, the sudden shift to workfrom home (WFH). Already a growing trend, remote staffing has dramatically accelerated during this time, causing a marked redistribution of office workflow.
A Brother MPS assessment may uncover ways to right-size your fleet. This may entail replacement of outdated, high cost-per-copy (CPC), multi-vendor environments with more economical, more reliable Brother devices. Each is selected and strategically-placed based on application requirements and volume trends.
From a service and support standpoint, managing different device makes and models places significant burden on help desk personnel. In contrast, single-source solutions decrease infrastructure complexity (IT burden) and reduce total cost of ownership (TCO). A standardized document processing platform through Brother has many other advantages, including:
- Brother Priority Overnight Exchange (free, contactless shipping to office or home)
- Supply discounts through Brother Value Print Program
- Streamlined supply inventory management
- Technical phone support
- Toner/ink recycling
You can achieve a balanced deployment while ensuring appropriate social-distancing measures are in place. And with scalable services working behind the scenes, you can maximize efficiency and productivity across your business. Ready to begin the right-sizing process and MPS conversation?