High-Speed Monochrome Laser Printer for Small Businesses The Brother The HL-5440D is a cost efficient laser printer built for day-in and day-out printing. It features reliable, fast printing at up to 40ppm and produces crisp, high-quality output. It also offers PCL6, BR-Script3‡, IBM Proprinter, and Epson FX emulations for compatibility with virtually any office or graphics application. Plus, the HL-5440D provides Parallel and USB 2.0 interfaces for local connectivity and DOS printing, automatic duplex printing for producing professional two-sided documents, and flexible paper handling via its 300-sheet paper capacity. For lower running costs, a high-yield 8,000-page‡ replacement toner cartridge is available‡.
- Automatic duplex printing. Produce professional two-sided documents, brochures, and booklets with ease. Duplex printing can help save money and reduce your paper use.
- Fast, high-quality output. With a print speed of up to 40 pages per minute, this printer is ideal for busy offices. Plus, it offers up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution for crisp, clear text and excellent graphics.
- Versatile paper handling. The Brother HL-5440D offers an adjustable 250-sheet capacity paper tray‡ for letter or legal size paper and a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray‡ for printing letterhead and custom paper sizes. Add an optional 500-sheet capacity paper tray‡ for additional capacity.
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution
- Prints up to 40ppm
- 300-sheet standard paper capacity, expandable‡
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing
- High-yield 8,000-page‡ replacement toner cartridge available
- Cost efficient performance. Spend less time replacing supplies and help reduce running costs with high-yield 8,000-page‡ replacement toner cartridge.
- Outstanding customer support. The Brother HL-5440D offers a 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your machine.
- USB 2.0 and Parallel interfaces. Provides flexible local connectivity and the ability to connect to two computers. Also supports DOS printing via Parallel interface.
- USB 2.0 and Parallel interfaces for local connectivity and DOS printing
- Advanced security features. Provides a wide-range of security features including: Secure Function Lock, Enterprise Security (802.1x) and more.
- Maximum compatibility. Offering PCL6, BR-Script3, IBM Proprinter, and Epson FX emulations, the HL-5440D can support virtually any office or graphics application.
- Straight-Through Paper Path. A convenient fold-down, 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray and back paper exit provide a straight-through paper path for printing envelopes, thicker media and custom paper sizes.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Standard Interface(s)
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Parallel
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 19.6" x 18.8" x 15.0"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 27.3 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 14.6" x 15.1" x 9.6"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 22.9 lbs.
- Black Print Speed (max. ppm)
- 40ppm Black
- CPU (Processor) Speed
- 400 MHz
- Duplex Printing Capability
- PCL6, BR-Script3‡, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX
- First Time to Print
- Less than 8.5 sec.‡
- Max. Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 50,000 pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Print Resolution (max dpi)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print Technology
- B/W Laser Technology
- Printer Driver Compatibility†
- Windows®, Mac OS® & Linux
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 500 to 3,500 pages
- Standard Memory
- 64MB Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Manual Feed/Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡
- 50-Sheet Multi-purpose Tray
- Media Type
- Plain, Bond, Envelopes, Labels, Recycled Paper
- Optional Paper Trays (capacity)
- LT-5400‡ (500 sheets)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- 150 sheets
- Paper Handling Size - Multi-Purpose Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Envelopes, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 5.0-16" (l))
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6
- Recommended Paper Brands
- Plain Paper: Xerox 4200DP 20 lb., Hammermill Laser Paper 24 lb., Labels: Avery Laser Label #5160
- Sheet Weight - Multi-purpose Tray (min/max)
- 16-43 lbs. (bond)
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (min/max)
- 16-28 lbs. (bond)
- Standard Paper Capacity (sheets)‡
- 250-Sheet Input Capacity
Power & Operating Requirements
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- EPA ENERGY STAR® TEC Value
- 2.330 kWh / Week
- Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)
- 34dB / 59dB
- Operating Env: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Env: Temperature
- 50-90.5 degrees F
- Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Ready/Printing
- Power Source
- AC 120V 50/60 Hz
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 3,000 Pages‡)(1) DR720 Drum Unit (yields approx. 30,000 Pages‡)CD-ROM – Documentation / Installation CD-ROM AC Power CordQuick Setup Guide
- "In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡
- (1) Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (3,000 Pages)(1) DR720 Drum Unit (30,000 Pages)
- 1 Year Limited
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|First Time to Print||From Ready Mode and standard tray.|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary