Office and workgroup users with higher print volumes will appreciate the advanced printing functions and versatility of the HL-8050N. This printer features up to 150-sheet and 550-sheet input trays‡ for flexible paper handling, along with a wide-range of expansion options that allow you to easily adapt the printer as your output needs change or grow.
- High-speed output. Print speeds up to 35 pages for minute enables your workgroup to get their output fast.
- Versatile, expandable input capacity. A 150-sheet capacity and 550-sheet capacity paper tray‡ allow you to store letter size paper in one tray and legal in the other tray. Add two 550-sheet capacity paper trays‡ for a total input capacity of 1,800 sheets.
- Powerful network connectivity. The HL-8050N offers a built-in Ethernet network interface and advanced network management tools.
- Protect your confidential documents. Featuring a one-touch secure print button helps ensure that only the people that should see a document actually do.
- Superior print quality. With print resolutions up to 1200 x 1200dpi, the HL-8050N creates documents with crisp, clear text and excellent graphics.
- Prints up to 35ppm
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution
- 700-sheet paper input capacity, expandable up to 1,800 sheets with optional paper trays‡
- PCL6 and BR-Script3 (PostScript3) emulations
- Built-in Ethernet network interface
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Standard Interface(s)
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, Parallel, USB 1.1
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- TCP/IP (IPP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, WINS, HTTP, LPR/LPD, PORT 9100,POP3/SMTP, TFTP, SMB, (NetBIOS over IP/NetBEUI), TELNET, SNMP, User defined port numbers) - IPX/SPX - Netware, Bindery/NDS - Apple's Simple Network Configuration for OS X 10.2.4 or greater - AppleTalk® (EtherTalk®) supporting ASCII and Bindary mode printing - DLC/LLC - NetBEUI
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 61.6 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 45.2 lbs.
- Black Print Speed (max. ppm)
- 35ppm Black
- CPU (Processor) Speed
- 300 MHz
- PCL6, BR-Script3‡, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX, HP-GL
- First Time to Print
- Less than 9 sec.
- LCD Display
- Yes (Monochrome)
- Max. Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 150,000 pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- 16MB, 32MB, 64MB, 128MB, 256MB (100-pin DIMM)‡ - 2 slots available
- Print Resolution (max dpi)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print Technology
- B/W Laser Technology
- Printer Driver Compatibility†
- Windows®, Mac OS® & Linux
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 3,000 to 8,000 pages
- Standard Memory
- 64MB Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Max. Paper Capacity with all Options
- 1,800-Sheet Paper Capacity
- Media Type
- Plain, Bond, Envelopes, Labels, Transparencies
- Optional Paper Trays (capacity)
- LT-8000‡ (550 sheets) x 2
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- 500 sheets
- Output Paper Capacity with all Options
- 1,000 sheets
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Envelopes, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 5.0-14" (l))
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (min/max)
- 16-57 lbs.
- Standard Paper Capacity (sheets)‡
- 700-Sheet Input Capacity
Power & Operating Requirements
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)
- Operating Env: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Env: Temperature
- 50-90.5 degrees F
- Power Consumption - Sleep/Ready/Printing
- Power Source
- AC 120V 50/60 Hz
- Security Functions
- Secure print
- "In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡
- (1) Starter Toner/Drum Cartridge (10,000 Pages)
- 1 Year Limited
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Toner yield is approximate, based on 5% page coverage (letter). Drum yield is approximate, and may vary by type of use.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary