The Professional Series MFC-5490cn all-in-one is perfect for your everyday business applications - presentations, spreadsheets, reports and more. Save time with unattended fax, copy and scan using the large 50-sheet capacity auto document feeder and high volume paper handling with up to 150-sheets. Plus, included is a 2-year limited warranty.
- Unattended Fax, Copy or Scan. Up to 50-sheet auto document feeder.
- Fast Color Printing on Demand. With speeds up to 35ppm black and 28ppm color‡.
- Built-in Wired Ethernet Network Interface. Allows you to share the MFC through your network now or in the future. Just plug it into your wired or wireless router and share it to print, scan, PC-Fax‡ and access your digital camera media cards‡ or USB flash memory drive‡.
- Send and Receive Faxes. Hi-Speed Super G3 33.6K bps fax modem allows black and white or color faxing with or without a PC.
- Direct Photo Printing on Demand. Print photos directly from your digital camera's media card slots, PictBridge-enabled camera, or USB flash memory drive.‡
- 4-Cartridge Ink System. Only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced‡.
- Large Paper Capacity. Standard paper tray can hold up to 150-sheets of paper from 3.5" x 5" to 8.5" x 14".
- Professional Printing Quality. With droplet sizes as small as 1.5 picoliters and high resolutions up to 6000 x 1200dpi.‡
- <span class="NoColor_Bold_None"> ENERGY STAR® Qualified.
- 2-Year Express Exchange Limited Warranty. Providing reliability and assurance.
- Fast print speeds up to 35ppm black and 28ppm color±
- Professional printing with resolutions up to 6000 x 1200 dpi±
- Built-in wired (Ethernet) network interface
- Large 150-sheet paper capacity
- Unattended fax, copy or scan using up to 50-page ADF
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF& web page) from and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only and scanning not available) mobile device
- Standard Interface(s)
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Ethernet, PictBridge Interface and USB Flash Memory
- Standard Network Interface
- Network (Ethernet) Interface (10/100 Base-TX)
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, APIPA (Auto IP), NetBIOS/WINS, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, DNS Resolver, mDNS, FTP Server, TELNET, SNMPv1, TFTP, Scanner Port, LLTD Responder, Web Services
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- (Turned off as default) NPD, RA, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, DNS Resolver, mDNS, FTP Server, TELNET, SNMPv1, TFTP, Scanner Port, LLTD responder, Web Services
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 23cpm Black
- Color Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 20cpm Color
- Copying Capability
- B/W & Color Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Letter 8.5" x 11.7"
- N in 1 Function
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 20.7" x 19.3" x 12.8"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 28.8 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 17.3" x 15.9" x 8.7"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 20.7 lbs.
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 3 Sec. Per Page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (156 locations)‡
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Caller ID Ready‡
- Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- Yes/24 Hours
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- Hi-Speed Super G3 33.6K bps Fax Modem
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 480 Page Fax Memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W & Color Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Message Center®
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Telephone Handset
- LCD Display
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 4,000 Printed Pages
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 250 - 2000 Printed Pages
- Toner Save Mode
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡
- 50-Sheet ADF
- Maximum Input of ADF (Width/Height)
- Legal 8.5" x 14"
- Maximum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- Legal 8.5" x 14"
- Media Type
- Color Inkjet Technology
- Minimum Input for ADF (Width/Height)
- Minimum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- Carton Contents‡
- (4) Cartridges LC61 SeriesCD-ROM – Assembly for Windows and MacUser's ManualQuick Setup GuideTelephone Line Cord
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- Innobella™LC61-BK‡, LC61-C‡, LC61-M‡, LC61-Y‡
- 2-Year Express Exchange Limited
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡||Based on Brother #1 chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Black Print Speed (max. ppm)||Click here for print speed methodology.|
|Borderless Printing||Borderless printing is available for Letter, 4"x6", 5"x8", 5"x7", A4, A6, 3.9"x5.8" and 5.8"x7.8" paper sizes.|
|Broadcasting (# of locations)||B&W only.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Fax Page Memory‡||Based on Brother #1 Chart at standard resolution with MMR compression|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. For more details regarding Brother iPrint&Scan app visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)||Resolutions are listed vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Standard Interface(s)‡||Cable(s) not included.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary