The Professional Series MFC-5890cn all-in-one is perfect for your presentations, signs, spreadsheets, reports, photos and more with versatile printing from 4" x 6" up to 11" x 17". Save time with unattended fax, copy and scan up to 8.5" x 14, using the large 50-sheet auto document feeder. It also has high volume paper handling with up to 150-sheet paper capacity.
- Unattended Fax, Copy or Scan. Up to 50-page auto document feeder.
- Fast Color Printing on Demand. With speeds up to 35ppm black and 28ppm color‡.
- Built-in Wired Ethernet Network Interface. Allows you to share the MFC now or in the future. Just plug it into your wired (Ethernet) or wireless (802,11b/g) network router and share it to print, scan, PC Fax‡ and access to the digital camera media cards‡ or USB flash memory‡.
- Send and Receive Faxes. Hi-Speed Super G3 33.6K bps fax modem allows black and white or color faxing with or without a PC.
- Direct Photo Printing on Demand. Print photos directly from your digital camera's media cards‡, PictBridge-enabled camera, or USB Flash Memory‡.
- Large Paper Capacity. Standard paper tray can hold up to 150-sheets of paper from 3.5" to 11" x 17".
- Professional Print Quality. With droplet sizes as small as 1.5 picoliters and high resolutions up to 6000 x 1200dpi‡.
- <span class="NoColor_Bold_None"> ENERGY STAR® Qualified.
- 2-Year Express Exchange Limited Warranty. Providing high reliability and confidence.
- Fast print speeds up to 35ppm black and 28ppm color±
- Widescreen 3.3" color LCD display
- Unattended fax, copy or scan using up to 50-page ADF
- Built-in wired (Ethernet) network interface
- Widescreen 3.3" Color LCD Display. Edit and enhance images, preview faxes and easy to read help menus.
- High Yield 4-Cartridge System. Both standard and high yield ink cartridges are available. With our efficient 4-cartridge system only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF & web page) from and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows®: Phone 7 mobile device
- Standard Interface(s)
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Ethernet, PictBridge Interface, Media Card Slots and USB Flash Memory Drive
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing, Scanning, PC Fax, Removable Drive, E-mail Server (Download) and I-Fax (Download),
- Standard Network Interface
- Network (Ethernet) Interface (10/100 Base-TX)
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, APIPA (Auto IP), NetBIOS/WINS, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, DNS Resolver, mDNS, FTP Server, TELNET, SNMPv1, TFTP, Scanner Port, LLTD Responder, Web Services
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- (Turned off as default) NPD, RA, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, DNS Resolver, mDNS, FTP Server, TELNET, SNMPv1, TFTP, Scanner Port, LLTD responder, Web Services
- USB Direct Interface/PictBridge‡
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 23cpm Black
- Color Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 20cpm Color
- Copying Capability
- B/W & Color Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Letter 8.5" x 11.7"
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 23.5" x 21.3" x 15.0"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 33.4 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 19.1" x 16.1" x 9.5"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 23.6 lbs.
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 3 Sec. Per Page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (216 locations)‡
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Caller ID Ready‡
- Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- Yes/24 Hours
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- Hi-Speed Super G3 33.6K bps Fax Modem
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 480 Page Fax Memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W & Color Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Message Center®
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Telephone Handset
- LCD Display
- Widescreen 3.3" Color LCD Display
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- Widescreen 3.3" Color LCD Display
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 4,000 Printed Pages
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 250 - 2000 Printed Pages
- Toner Save Mode
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡
- 50-Sheet ADF
- Maximum Input of ADF (Width/Height)
- Legal 8.5" x 14"
- Maximum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- Ledger 11" x 17"
- Media Type
- Color Inkjet Technology
- Security Functions
- Secure Function Lock (Print / Scan / Copy / Fax)
- Carton Contents‡
- (4) Cartridges LC65-HY SeriesCD-ROM – Assembly for Windows and MacUser's ManualQuick Setup GuideTelephone Line Cord
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- Innobella LC65BK-HY‡, LC65C-HY‡, LC65M-HY‡, LC65Y-HY‡
- 2-Year Express Exchange Limited
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡||Based on Brother #1 chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Black Print Speed (max. ppm)||Click here for print speed methodology.|
|Borderless Printing||Borderless printing is available for Letter, Legal, Ledger, 4"x6", 5"x8", 3.5"x5", 5"x7", A4, A3, A6, 3.9"x5.8" and 5.8"x7.8" paper sizes.|
|Broadcasting (# of locations)||B&W only.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Fax Page Memory‡||Based on Brother #1 Chart at standard resolution with MMR compression|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Actual yield of starter cartridge will be approx. 65% of replacement LC-65 cartridge series, due to ink system initialization process. Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO 24711. For more page yield information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)||Resolutions are listed vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Interface(s)‡||Cable(s) not included.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary