The MFC-7820N is a smart choice for small-to-medium size businesses or even if you work out of your home office. It's ready to install on a network right out of the box and you can make copies or send and receive faxes any time without having to turn on your computer. It also offers flatbed color scanning to scan documents to e-mail, file, image or OCR.
- 33.6K bps high-speed modem
- Up to 35-page auto document feeder for copying, faxing or scanning
- Up to 2400 x 600 dpi laser printing
- Fast printing and copying. Offers print and copy speeds of up to 20 pages per minute.
- High-quality laser output. With up to 2400x600 dpi print resolution, you can produce professional-looking documents.
- Wide assortment of robust fax features. The 33.6K bps high-speed fax modem enables rapid fax transmission and up to 600 pages‡ can be stored in memory.
- Ethernet, USB and parallel interfaces‡. Gives you the option to install the MFC on a network for multiple users or via USB or Parallel for one user.
- 35-page auto document feeder‡. A quick and easy way to copy, fax or scan multi-page documents.
- PCL6 and BR-Script 3 emulations‡. It can handle all of your printing, including documents with a variety of fonts and graphics.
- Flatbed color scanning. Scan documents directly to your e-mail application or to a single PDF file using the ADF.
- Prints up to 20ppm
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan. Free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device‡.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device
- Optional Interface(s)
- Standard Interface(s)
- Parallel, USB & Ethernet Interfaces
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing, Scanning, PC Fax Send
- Standard Network Interface
- Network (Ethernet) I/F
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- TCP/IP, ARP RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA, WINS/NetBIOS, DNS, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, POP3/SMTP, IPP, FTP, TELNET, SNMP, HTTP, TFTP, mDNS
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 20cpm Black
- Copying Capability
- B/W Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Letter / A4
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 21.7" x 19.5" x 19.7"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 30.8 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 17.0" x 15.6" x 11.6"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 20.9 lbs.
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 2 seconds per page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (258 locations)
- Caller ID Ready‡
- Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 33.6K bps Super G3 Fax Modem
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages)‡
- Up to 600 page fax memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Quick Scan/Memory Transmission (approx. sec/page)‡
- Approx. 2.5 sec/page
- Total Auto Dial Locations
- 208 locations
- LCD Display
- Yes (Monochrome)
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 16 characters/2 lines
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 10,000 printed pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 250 to 2,000 pages
- Standard Memory
- 32MB Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡
- 35-Page ADF
- Maximum Input of ADF (Width/Height)
- Maximum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- Media Type
- Plain, Bond, Envelopes, Labels, Transparencies
- Minimum Input for ADF (Width/Height)
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) Starter Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 1,500 pages‡)(1) DR350 Drum Unit (yields approx. 12,000 pages‡)User's GuideQuick Setup GuideAC Power CordTelephone Line CordSoftware CD-ROM for Windows®Software CD-ROM for Mac®
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- (1) Starter Toner (1,500 pages)(1) DR350 (12,000 pages)
- 1 Year Limited
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡||Based on Brother #1 chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Approx. toner yield based on 5% page coverage (letter). Drum yields are an approximate rating and may vary by the type of use.|
|Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb paper.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Interface(s)||USB interface is compatible with USB 2.0 specification.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary