Laser All-in-One for your Desktop or Small OfficeThe MFC-7840W offers everything you need in a monochrome laser all-in-one for your home office or small sized business. Delivering the same print speed, copy speed and output quality as the MFC-7440N, the MFC-7840W features an elegant black color scheme while adding a built-in 802.11b/g wireless network interface, PCL®6 and BR-Script3‡ print emulations, a faster fax modem (33.6K bps Super G3), 4-day memory backup and a LCD backlit display for easy viewing.
- Fast printing and copying. Print and copy speeds of up to 23 pages per minute.
- High-quality laser output. Produce crisp, rich black output up to 2400 x 600 dpi print resolution at a low cost per page that laser technology provides you.
- 35-page auto document feeder‡. A quick and easy way to copy, fax or scan multi-page documents.
- Flexible paper handling. Features a 250-sheet capacity paper tray adjustable for letter or legal size paper. Plus, a single-sheet manual bypass for envelopes, labels or other types of media.
- Flatbed color scanning. Use the document glass to scan pages directly to your e-mail application or to a single PDF file using the ADF.
- 32 MB standard memory. Stores up to 600 pages‡ in memory for faxing and can handle multiple print jobs and copying.
- Wireless, Ethernet , and USB interfaces‡. You can print, scan or send faxes wirelessly as well as the option to install the MFC on a wired network or to connect locally to a single computer via USB.
- Fold-out rear output tray. Its rear exit door allows for a straight-through paper path and is ideal when using the single-sheet bypass slot for printing envelopes or thicker media.
- Up to 23ppm print and copy speeds
- 802.11b/g Wireless, Ethernet and USB‡ interfaces
- 35-page capacity auto document feeder
- Up to 2400 x 600 dpi laser printing
- High-quality color scanning, up to 19200 x 19200 dpi (interpolated)
- 250-sheet capacity letter/legal paper tray
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan. Free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device‡.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device
- Optional Interface(s)
- Standard Interface(s)
- USB‡, Ethernet & 802.11b/g Wireless Interfaces
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing, Scanning, PC Fax
- Standard Network Interface
- Network (Ethernet) I/F
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS, DNS resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP, FTP Server, FTP Client, POP before SMTP, SMTP AUTH, APOP, TELNET, SNMPv1, HTTP Server, TFTP Client and Server, SMTP Client, ICMP, Web Services
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- NDP, RA, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, IPP, FTP Server, FTP Client, POP before SMTP, SMTP AUTH, APOP, TELNET, SNMPv1, HTTP Server, TFTP Client and Server, SMTP Client, ICMPv6, Web Services
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 23cpm Black
- Copying Capability
- B/W Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Letter / A4
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 21.7" x 20.1"x 20.5"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 16.9" x 15.6" x 12"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 24.5 lbs.
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 2 seconds per page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (258 locations)
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 33.6K bps Fax Modem
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 600 page fax memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Quick Scan/Memory Transmission (approx. sec/page)‡
- Approx. 2.5 sec/page
- Total Auto Dial Locations
- 208 locations
- LCD Display
- Yes (monochrome)
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 16 characters / 2 lines
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 10,000 printed pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 250 to 2,000 pages
- Standard Memory
- 32MB Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡
- 35-Page ADF
- Maximum Input of ADF (Width/Height)
- Minimum Input for ADF (Width/Height)
- Optional Paper Trays (capacity)
- Security Functions
- Secure Function Lock, Setting Lock, Secure Print
- Wireless Network Security
- WEP 64/128, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA2-PSK (TKIP & AES), LEAP (CKIP)
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) Starter Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 1,000 pages‡)(1) DR360 Drum Unit (yields approx. 12,000 pages‡)User's GuideQuick Setup GuideAC Power CordTelephone Line CordSoftware CD-ROM for Windows®Software CD-ROM for Mac®
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- (1) Starter Toner (1,000 pages)(1) DR360 (12,000 pages)
- 1 Year Limited
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡||Based on Brother #1 chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb paper.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. For more details regarding Brother iPrint&Scan app visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Interface(s)||USB interface is compatible with USB 2.0 specification.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary