The MFC-8660DN is a sensible choice for a small-to-medium sized business or large company. One of its key features is automatic duplex (2-sided) printing which can help reduce your paper consumption. Also, to maximize its functionality it can be installed on a network for printing, scanning and PC Fax†.
- High-speed printing and copying. Experience impressive print and copy speeds of up to 30 pages per minute. Produce professional-looking documents at up to 1200x1200 dpi.
- Automatic duplex (2-sided) printing. Save money on paper by printing on both sides of a single sheet of paper.
- High yield replacement toner cartridge‡. You get more for your money while lowering your cost per page.
- Ethernet, USB and parallel interfaces‡. Gives you the option to install the MFC on a network for multiple users or via USB or Parallel for one user.
- Legal-size document glass. Ample room for placing documents on the platen for scanning or copying up to legal-size documents.
- 50-page auto document feeder‡. A quick and easy way to copy, fax or scan multi-page documents.
- Large, expandable paper capacity. Features a 250-sheet paper tray adjustable for letter or legal size paper, a 50-sheet multi-purpose tray plus an optional 2nd 250-sheet paper tray‡ to increase your total paper capacity to 550 sheets.
- User-friendly, intuitive 5-line LCD. With up to 22 large characters per line and a backlit, the LCD is easy to read and scroll through menu options.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Standard Interface(s)
- Parallel, High Speed USB 2.0 & Ethernet Interfaces
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing, Scanning, PC Fax Send / Receive
- Standard Network Interface
- Network (Ethernet) I/F
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), ICMP, WINS/NetBIOS, DNS, mDNS, LPR/LPD, Port9100, IPP, FTP, SNMP, HTTP, TELNET, SMTP, TFTP
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 30ppm Black
- Copying Capability
- B/W Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 22.3" x 24.7" x 22.6"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 49.0 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 20.9" x 17.7" x 18.7"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 36.3 lbs.
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 2 seconds per page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (390 locations)
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Caller ID Ready‡
- Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 33.6K bps Super G3 Fax Modem
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages)‡
- Up to 600 page fax memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Quick Scan/Memory Transmission (approx. sec/page)‡
- Approx. 2 sec/page
- Total Auto Dial Locations
- 340 locations
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 22 characters/5 lines
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 20,000 printed pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Yes (up to 544MB)
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 500 to 3,500 pages
- Standard Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡
- 50-Page ADF
- Duplex Printing Capability
- Manual Feed/Multi-purpose Tray Capacity
- Yes (up to 50 sheets)
- Maximum Input of ADF (Width/Height)
- Maximum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- Minimum Input for ADF (Width/Height)
- Minimum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- Optional Paper Trays (capacity)
- LT-5300 (250 sheets)
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- (1) TN550 Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (3,500 Pages)(1) DR520 Drum Unit (25,000 Pages)
- 1 Year Limited
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡||Based on Brother #1 Chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Approx. toner yield based on Letter size paper at 5% page coverage. Drum yield is an approximate rating (yields may vary with conditions and use).|
|Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb paper.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary