The MFC-8870DW is the flagship model of the Brother laser Multi-Function Center® product line and leaves nothing to be desired for your small-to-medium sized business or workgroup. Includes built-in (802.11b/g) wireless and (Ethernet) network interfaces‡ plus automatic duplexing (2-sided) for printing, copying, faxing and scanning‡ - all making this the optimal solution for any office.
- High-speed printing and copying. Experience impressive print and copy speeds of up to 30 pages per minute. Produce professional-looking documents at up to 1200x1200 dpi.
- Wireless, Ethernet, USB and parallel interfaces‡. You can print, scan or send faxes wirelessly as well as the option to install the MFC on a wired network or to connect locally to a single computer via USB or Parallel.
- Automatic duplex (2-sided) capability. Copy or scan‡ both sides of an original document to either print or store the scan as two single-sided pages or as a single two-sided page. Or, you can copy or scan‡ two single-sided documents and produce a copy or store a scan as a single two-sided page.
- High yield toner cartridge‡. You get more for your money while lowering your cost per page.
- Large, expandable paper capacity. Features a 250-sheet paper tray adjustable for letter or legal size paper, a 50-sheet multi-purpose tray plus an optional 2nd 250-sheet paper tray‡ to increase your total paper capacity to 550 sheets.
- Flatbed color scanning. Scan documents directly to your e-mail application or to a single PDF file using the ADF at up to 19200x19200 dpi (interpolated).
- Legal-size document glass. Ample room for placing documents on the platen for scanning or copying up to legal-size documents.
- 50-page auto document feeder‡. A quick and easy way to copy, fax or scan multi-page documents.
- Brother iPrint&Scan. Free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device‡.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device
- Standard Interface(s)
- 802.11b/g Wireless, Ethernet, High Speed USB 2.0 & Parallel Interfaces
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing, Scanning, PC Fax Send / Receive, Corporate Address Book (LDAP)
- Standard Network Interface
- Network (Ethernet) and 802.11b/g Wireless I/F
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), ICMP, WINS/NetBIOS, DNS, mDNS, LPR/LPD, Port9100, IPP, FTP, SNMP, HTTP, TELNET, POP3/SMTP, TFTP, LDAP
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 30cpm Black
- Copying Capability
- B/W Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Duplex Copying
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 22.3" x 24.7" x 22.6"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 49.5 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 20.9" x 17.7" x 18.7"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 36.8 lbs.
- Auto Fax Receive Date/Time Header
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 2 seconds per page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (390 locations)
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- Duplex Faxing
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 33.6K bps Super G3 Fax Modem
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 600 page fax memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Quick Scan/Memory Transmission (approx. sec/page)‡
- Approx. 2 sec/page
- Total Auto Dial Locations
- 340 locations
- LCD Display
- Yes (Monochrome)
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 22 characters/5 lines
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 20,000 printed pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Yes (up to 544MB)‡
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 500 to 3,500 pages
- Standard Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡
- 50-Page ADF
- Duplex Printing Capability
- Manual Feed/Multi-purpose Tray Capacity
- Yes (up to 50 sheets)
- Security Functions
- Function Lock, Setting Lock, Secure Print
- Wireless Network Security
- Simple setup with your SecureEasySetup™ capable router
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) TN550 Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 3,500 Pages‡)(1) DR520 Drum Unit (yields approx. 25,000 Pages‡)User's GuideQuick Setup GuideAC Power CordTelephone Line CordSoftware CD-ROM for Windows®Software CD-ROM for Mac®
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- (1) TN550 Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (3,500 Pages)(1) DR520 Drum Unit (25,000 Pages)
- 1 Year Limited
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡||Based on Brother #1 Chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Approx. toner yield based on 5% page coverage (letter). Drum yields are an approximate rating and may vary by the type of use.|
|Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb paper.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary