High-Performance Laser All-in-One for your Business or Small WorkgroupThe MFC-8890DW is the ultimate laser all-in-one solution for your business. It offers advanced duplex capability for two-sided printing plus automatic two-sided scanning using the auto document feeder for copying, scanning and faxing‡. It has an 802.11b/g wireless interface to print, scan and PC fax wirelessly without the clutter of cables. An optional high yield toner cartridge is available to help lower your operating costs. It also has a USB direct interface to print PDF or JPEG files from or scan PDF or JPEG files to your USB flash memory drive.
- Fast printing and copying. Produces crisp monochrome output at an impressive print and copy speed of up to 32 pages per minute.
- Advanced duplex capability. Save paper and reduce costs by printing two-sided documents and booklets. Plus, two-sided scanning using the auto document feeder for copying, scanning and faxing‡.
- High yield replacement toner cartridge‡. An optional high yield 8,000 page toner cartridge is available to help lower your operating costs.
- Flexible connectivity‡. It has an 802.11b/g wireless interface to print, scan and fax wirelessly without the clutter of cables. It also has Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0 and Parallel interfaces.
- Legal-size document glass. Ample room for placing documents on the platen for scanning or copying up to legal-size documents.
- 50-page capacity auto document feeder‡. A quick and easy way to copy, fax or scan multi-page documents (up to legal size).
- Large, expandable paper capacity. Features a 250-sheet paper tray adjustable for letter or legal size paper, a 50-sheet multi-purpose tray plus an optional 2nd 250-sheet paper tray‡ to increase your total paper capacity to 550 sheets.
- Convenient walk-up printing and scanning. A USB direct interface is located on the front of the machine for printing PDF or JPEG files from or scanning PDF or JPEG files to your USB flash memory drive.
- Brother iPrint&Scan. Free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device‡.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device
- One-Push Wireless Setup
- SecureEasySetup™, AOSS™ or Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ capable routers
- Standard Interface(s)
- 802.11b/g Wireless, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0 and Parallel
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing, Scanning, PC Fax Send / Receive, I-Fax, Corporate Address Book (LDAP)
- Standard Network Interface
- Network (Ethernet) and 802.11b/g Wireless I/F
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA(Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Client and Server, TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS server, SSL/TLS, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, APOP, POP before SMTP, SMTP-AUTH, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, ICMP, LLTD responder, Web Services (Print), CIFS Client, SNTP
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- NDP, RA, DNS resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Client and Server,TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS server, SSL/TLS, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, APOP, POP before SMTP, SMTP-AUTH, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, ICMPv6, LLTD responder, Web Services (Print), CIFS Client, SNTP
- USB Direct Interface/PictBridge‡
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™
- Yes (802.11b/g)
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 32cpm Black
- Copying Capability
- B/W Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Duplex Copying
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 24.7" x 22.3" x 22.6"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 48.7 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 20.9" x 17.7" x 18.7"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 41.0 lbs.
- Auto Fax Receive Date/Time Header
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 2 seconds per page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (390 locations)
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- Duplex Faxing
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 33.6K bps Super G3 Fax Modem
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 600 page fax memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Quick Scan/Memory Transmission (approx. sec/page)‡
- Approx. 2 sec/page
- Total Auto Dial Locations
- 340 locations
- LCD Display
- Yes (Monochrome)
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 22 characters/5 lines
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 30,000 printed pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Yes (up to 576MB)‡
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 500 to 3,500 pages
- Standard Memory
- Security Functions
- Secure Function Lock, Setting Lock, Secure Print
- Wireless Network Security
- WEP 64/128, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES), LEAP(CKIP), EAP-FAST(TKIP/AES)
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) TN620 Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 3,000 Pages‡)(1) DR620 Drum Unit (yields approx. 25,000 Pages‡)User's GuideQuick Setup GuideAC Power CordTelephone Line CordSoftware CD-ROM for Windows®Software CD-ROM for Mac®
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- (1) TN620 Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (3,000 Pages)(1) DR620 Drum Unit (25,000 Pages)
- 1 Year Limited
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡||Based on Brother #1 Chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb paper.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. For more details regarding Brother iPrint&Scan app visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†||Black/White only. PC Fax Receive not supported for Mac OS®.|
|Print Technology||Laser Notice: Class 1 Laser Product (IEC 60825-1:2001)|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|"Scan To" Feature†||Scan to E-mail Server requires SMTP/POP3 mail server support.|
|USB Direct Interface / PictBridge‡||PDF (up to ver. 1.7), JPEG, XPS and Secure PDF files via your USB flash memory driveUSB 2.0 Standard. USB Mass Storage standard from 16MB to 8GB. Support format: FAT12/FAT16/FAT32|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary
In order to best assist you, please use one of the channels below to contact the Brother support team.
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Basic machine operation and specification questions
• Order status/tracking information
• Product/service feedback
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Wireless installation and troubleshooting
• Software and drivers
• Printing, copying, scanning, faxing issues and errors
Best for quick help with:
• Questions regarding basic machine operations and specifications
• Fax setup and operation
• Order status/Tracking information