The MFC-9420CN offers the convenience of having both color and b&w laser printing, copying, faxing and scanning in just one product! It’s the perfect solution for your small-to-medium or large business for everyone in the office to use. With its built-in networking, multiple users can share it for printing, scanning and PC Fax† as well as walk-up copying and faxing anytime!
- Fast, high-quality laser printing and copying. Offers print and copy speeds of up to 31 pages per minute monochrome and 8 pages per minute color.
- Crisp, professional color laser printing. Print your own presentation or brochures in color at up to 2400x600 dpi for your important meeting without the extra cost of outsourcing the printing.
- Network connectivity. With its standard Ethernet interface‡, it’s ready to install on a network right out of the box for printing, scanning and PC Fax.
- High-yield replacement toner cartridges‡. Lowers your cost per copy and you don’t have to replace the toner often.
- Large, expandable paper capacity. Features a 250-sheet paper tray adjustable for letter or legal size paper. You can also increase your total paper capacity to 780 sheets by adding the optional 530-sheet letter-size second paper tray‡.
- High-speed fax modem. Its 33.6K bps fax modem provides quick fax transmission in color or b&w.
- PCL6 and BR-Script 3 emulations‡. It can handle all of your printing, including documents with a variety of fonts and graphics.
- Brother iPrint&Scan. Free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device‡.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device
- Standard Interface(s)
- Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Parallel interfaces
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing, Scanning, PC Fax Send
- Standard Network Interface
- Network (Ethernet) I/F
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- TCP/IP (TELNET, SNMP, HTTP, TFTP, ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS, DNS, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, POP3/SMTP, IPP, FTP, mDNS)
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 31cpm Black
- Color Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 8cpm Color
- Copying Capability
- B/W & Color Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Letter / A4
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 28.7" x 26.9" x 30.4"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 107.9 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 19" x 20.2" x 21"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 76.7 lbs.
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 3 seconds per page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (266 locations)
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Caller ID Ready‡
- Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 33.6K bps Super G3 Fax Modem
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages)‡
- Up to 400 page fax memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W & Color Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Quick Scan/Memory Transmission (approx. sec/page)‡
- Approx. 2 sec/page
- Total Auto Dial Locations
- 216 locations
- LCD Display
- Yes (Monochrome)
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 16 characters/2 lines
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 30,000 printed pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Yes (up to 576MB)
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 300 to 2,500 pages
- Standard Memory
- 64MB Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡
- 35-Page ADF
- Duplex Printing Capability
- Maximum Input of ADF (Width/Height)
- Maximum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) Starter Black Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 5,000 Pages‡)(3) Starter Color (C/M/Y) Toner Cartridges (yields approx. 3,000 Pages each‡)User's GuideQuick Setup GuideAC Power CordTelephone Line CordSoftware CD-ROM for Windows®Software CD-ROM for Mac®
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- (1) Starter Black Toner Cartridge (5,000 pgs)(3) Starter Color (C/M/Y) Toner Cartridges (3,000 pgs each)
- 1 Year Limited On-Site
There are no accessories for this model currently.
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡||Based on Brother #1 Chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Approx. toner yield based on letter paper size at 5% page coverage.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|Quick Scan (Memory Transmission)‡||Using Brother #1 Chart at standard resolution and highest compression mode.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Interface(s)‡||Cable(s) not included.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary