Professional Color Laser All-in-One for your Small Business or WorkgroupThe MFC-9450CDN is an affordable, network-ready color laser all-in-one suitable for any home office or small/medium sized business. It features automatic duplex (2-sided) printing combined with faxing, convenient color flatbed copying and scanning in one convenient, integrated device.
- Fast color laser printing. Delivers an impressive color and monochrome print speed of up to 21 pages per minute, and copy speeds of up to 17 copies per minute.
- Outstanding print quality. Produce brilliant, colorful presentations, brochures and documents that give you a competitive edge.
- Flexible connectivity. Install the MFC on a wired or wireless network via Ethernet or connect locally to a single computer via USB‡.
- Expandable paper capacity. You can increase your total paper capacity to 800 sheets by adding an optional 500-sheet letter/legal paper tray‡.
- Easily accessible USB Direct Interface. Conveniently print PDF or JPEG files from or scan PDF or JPEG files to a USB flash memory drive. You can also print directly from a PictBridge compatible digital camera.
- Versatile paper handling. A 250-sheet capacity paper tray adjustable for letter or legal paper and a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray for envelopes, labels, letterhead or cardstock.
- High quality color scanning. Use the letter size document glass to scan a single page or the 35-page capacity auto document feeder to scan multiple pages at a time (up to legal-size).
- High-speed faxing. Send and receive faxes quickly in b&w or color using its high-speed 33.6K bps fax modem.
- High capacity replacement toner cartridges‡. Lower your cost per page and copy, since you won’t have to replace toner cartridges as often.
- One Year On-Site Limited Warranty. Provides industry leading support right to you.
- Automatic duplex printing. Produce professional looking two-sided documents with ease.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device
- Standard Interface(s)
- 10/100 Base-TX (Ethernet) and Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing, Scanning, PC Fax
- Standard Network Interface
- 10/100 Base-TX (Ethernet)
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), WINS, NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP, IPPS, FTP Server, SSL/TLS, POP before SMTP, SMTP-AUTH, TELNET, SNMPv1, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, APOP, LLTD responder, Raw Port(PC scanner), FTP Client
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- NDP, RA, DNS, mDNS, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP, IPPS, FTP Server, SSL/TLS, POP before SMTP, SMTP-AUTH, TELNET, SNMPv1, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, APOP, LLTD responder, Raw Port(PC scanner)
- USB Direct Interface/PictBridge‡
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 17cpm Black
- Color Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 17cpm Color
- Copying Capability
- B/W & Color Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Letter / A4
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 22.4" x 24.0" x 28.1"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 85.0 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 17" x 19.2" x 19"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 72.6 lbs.
- Auto Fax Receive Date/Time Header
- Yes (Monochrome only)
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 2 seconds per page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (366 locations)‡
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 33.6K bps
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 500 page fax memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W & Color Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Quick Scan/Memory Transmission (approx. sec/page)‡
- Approx. 2 sec/page
- Total Auto Dial Locations
- 316 locations
- LCD Display
- Yes (Monochrome)
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 16 characters/2 lines
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 35,000 printed pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Yes (up to 576MB)‡
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 500 to 3,000 pages
- Standard Memory
- 64MB Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡
- 35-Page ADF
- Duplex Printing Capability
- Manual Feed/Multi-purpose Tray Capacity
- 50-Sheet Multi-Purpose Tray Capacity
- Security Functions
- Memory Security, Setting Lock and Secure Print
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) Standard Yield Black Toner Cartridge (2,500 pgs‡)(3) Standard Yield Color (C/M/Y) Toner Cartridges (1,500 pgs‡ each)(1) DR110CL Drum Unit (17,000 pgs‡)User's GuideQuick Setup GuideAC Power CordTelephone Line CordSoftware CD-ROM for Windows®Software CD-ROM for Mac®
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- (1) Standard Yield Black Toner Cartridge (2,500 pgs)(3) Standard Yield Color (C/M/Y) Toner Cartridges (1,500 pgs each)
- 1 Year On-Site Limited
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡||Based on Brother #1 Chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Approx. toner yield based on 5% page coverage (letter). Drum yields are an approximate rating and may vary by the type of use.|
|Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb paper.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†||Black/White only.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|USB Direct Interface/PictBridge‡||PDF and JPEG files via USB flash memory driveSupports the Camera & Imaging Products Association PictBridge standard CIPA DC-001. Visit http://www.cipa.jp/pictbridge for more informationUSB 2.0 Standard. USB Mass Storage standard from 16MB to 8GB. Support format: FAT12/FAT16/FAT32|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary
In order to best assist you, please use one of the channels below to contact the Brother support team.
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Basic machine operation and specification questions
• Order status/tracking information
• Product/service feedback
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Wireless installation and troubleshooting
• Software and drivers
• Printing, copying, scanning, faxing issues and errors
Best for quick help with:
• Questions regarding basic machine operations and specifications
• Fax setup and operation
• Order status/Tracking information