Color Inkjet All-in-One for your Home or Home Office If you're looking for an easy-to-use, economical color inkjet all-in-one that won't waste valuable workspace, the Brother™ Work Smart™ Series MFC-J285DW may be exactly what you need. In addition to its budget-friendly purchase price, it offers a lower total cost of operation thanks to high-yield replacement ink cartridges‡ and paper-saving duplex printing. Features like the intuitive 1.8" TouchScreen Display with Touch Panel, wireless setup assistant, mobile device printing‡, and free Brother Cloud Apps‡ make this all-in-one an excellent choice for your home/home office.
- Fast Color Printing on Demand. Fast print speeds up to 33ppm black and 27ppm. ISO print speeds up to 12 ppm black and 10 ppm color (ISO/IEC 24734).‡
- Easy Wireless Setup. Easy to setup wireless (802.11b/g/n) networking.
- Convenient 4-Cartridge Ink System. Only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced.
- Intuitive 1.8" TouchScreen Display plus TouchPanel. TouchPanel allows you to only see the keys you need.
- Easy to setup Flexible wireless (802.11b/g/n) networking
- Fast print speeds up to 33ppm black and 27ppm color. ISO print speeds up to 12 ppm black and 10 ppm color (ISO/IEC 24734)‡.
- Versatile Scanning. Capabilities to scan using a variety of formats including JPEG, TIFF and PDF to E-mail, OCR and more.
- Duplex (2-sided) Printing. Help save paper with automatic duplex (2-sided) printing.
- Warranty. 1 year limited warranty and free phone support for the life of your product‡.
- Help save paper with automatic duplex (2-sided) printing.
- Convenient Mobile Device Printing. </b > Wireless printing from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan and Cortado Workplace.
- Free Brother Cloud App‡ . Web-based app from Brother let you capture and convert paper documents directly from your machine.
- Easy to Use 1.8" TouchScreen Display plus Touchpanel. ToucnPanel only shows the keys you need.
- Standard and High Yield Ink Cartridges</b >. Standard and High Yield Ink Cartridges make it economical to maintain.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Brother Cloud Apps‡
- Outline & Copy, Outline & Remove, Outline and Scan and Notescan
- Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡
- FACEBOOK™, PICASA WEB ALBUMS®, FLICKR®, GOOGLE DRIVE™, EVERNOTE®, DROPBOX, BOX and SKYDRIVE®
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan and Cortado Workplace
- One-Push Wireless Setup
- WiFi Protected Setup™, AOSS™
- Standard Interface(s)
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Wireless (802.11b/g/n)‡
- Standard Network Interface
- Wireless (802.11b/g/n)
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA(Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, FTP Server, SNMPv1/v2c, TFTP server, ICMP, Web Services (Print/Scan)
- Copying Capability
- B/W & Color Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Letter 8.5" x 11.7"
- ISO-based Copy Speed (color)‡
- 5 / 5ipm
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1/2in1(ID Copy)/4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 18.8" x 9.0" x 18.0
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 20.7 lbs
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 16.1" x 14.7" x 6.3"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 16.8 lbs
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 7 Sec. Per Page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (40 locations)‡
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- No / Yes / Yes
- Caller ID Ready‡
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 14.4K bps
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 170 Page Fax Memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W & Color Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- LCD Display
- 1.8" TouchScreen Display plus TouchPanel
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 1.8" TouchScreen Display plus TouchPanel
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 2,500 Printed Pages
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 50 - 1000 Printed Pages
- Toner Save Mode
- Duplex Printing Capability
- Maximum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- Minimum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- 50 sheets
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, Envelope (C5 Envelope, Com-10, DL Envelope, Monarch), A4, Photo 4"x6", Photo-2L 5"x7", Index Card 5"x8"
- Recommended Paper Brands
- Innobella Glossy 8.5" x 11" Photo Paper (BP71GLTR); Innobella Glossy 4" x 6" Photo Paper (BP71GP20), Brother Plain Paper BP60MPLTR, Innobella Glossy 8.5" x 11 Photo Paper (BP61GLL) and 3M 3410 Transparency Film.
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (min/max)
- 17-58 lbs.
- Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡
- Up to 100-Sheet Input Capacity
Power & Operating Requirements
- ENERGY STAR ® Certified
- Wireless Network Security
- SSID (32 chr), WEP 64/128bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Carton Contents‡
- (4) Cartridges L101 Series CD-ROM – Assembly for Windows and MacUser's ManualQuick Setup GuideTelephone Line Cord
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- Innobella™LC101BK‡, LC101C‡, LC101M‡, LC101Y‡
- 1-Year Limited
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡||Based on Brother #1 chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Black Print Speed (max. ppm)||Click here for print speed methodology.|
|Borderless Printing||Borderless printing is available for Letter, 4"x6", 5"x8", 5"x7", A4, A6, 3.9"x5.8" and 5.8"x7.8" paper sizes.|
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Requires internet connection. For more details, visit www.connectprintshare.com.|
|Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡||Requires internet connection and an account with a desired service. For more details visit, www.connectprintshare.com. Apple is a trademark of Apple, Inc. FLICKR is a registered trademark of Yahoo! Inc. Android, GOOGLE DRIVE and PICASA are trademarks of Google, Inc. Use of these trademarks are subject to Google Permissions.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Actual yield of starter cartridge will be approx. 80% of replacement 101 cartridge series, due to ink system initialization process. Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|ISO-based Print Speed (black)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734. Click here for inkjet print speed methodology.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. For more details regarding Brother™ iPrint&Scan app visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†||Black/White only.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Interface(s)||Cable(s) not included. Supports the Camera & Imaging Products Association PictBridge standard CIPA DC-001. Visit http://www.cipa.jp/pictbridge for more information USB 2.0 Standard. USB Mass Storage standard from 16MB to 8GB. Support format: FAT12/FAT16/FAT32|
|Warranty||Click Here for Warranty Statement.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary