Color Inkjet All-in-One for your Home or Home Office. If you're looking for an easy-to-use, economical color inkjet all-in-one that won't waste valuable workspace, the Brother Work Smart; Series MFC-J650DW may be exactly what you need. In addition to its budget-friendly purchase price, it offers a lower total cost of operation thanks to high-yield replacement ink cartridges‡; and paper-saving duplex printing. Features like the intuitive 2.7" TouchScreen Display with Touch Panel, a front-facing USB port for printing and scanning, mobile device printing‡; and free Brother Cloud Apps‡; make this all-in-one an excellent choice for your home/home office.
- Fast Color Printing on Demand. Fast mode printing with speeds up to 33ppm black and 27ppm color.ISO print speeds up to 12 ppm black and 10 ppm color (ISO/IEC 24734)‡.
- Easy Wireless Setup. Easy to setup wireless (802.11b/g/n) networking.
- Duplex (2-sided) Printing. Help save paper with automatic duplex (2-sided) printing.
- Intuitive 2.7" TouchScreen Display plus TouchPanel. TouchPanel allows you to only see the keys you need. Create shortcuts for frequently used settings.
- Convenient Mobile Device Printing. Wireless printing from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print™, Brother iPrint&Scan and Cortado Workplace.
- Free Brother Cloud Apps. Web-based apps from Brother let you capture and convert documents directly from your machine‡.
- Web Connect. Access popular web services, such as Drive™ FLICKR®, GOOGLE Drive™, EVERNOTE®, DROPBOX, BOX and SKYDRIVE®‡.
- Versatile Scanning. Capabilities to scan using a variety of formats including JPEG, TIFF and PDF to E-mail, media cards, OCR and more. Convenient for use in popular applications.
- Photo Bypass Tray. The bypass tray holds up to 20 sheets of 4" x 6" glossy photo paper.
- Direct Photo Printing. Print photos directly from your digital camera's media cards, PictBridge-enabled camera, or USB flash memory.‡
- Front Loading 4-Cartridge Ink System. Only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced.
- Standard and High Yield Ink Cartridges. Standard and High Yield ink cartridges make it economical to maintain.
- At your side support. Free online, call or live chat support for the life of your product.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- One-Push Wireless Setup
- AOSS, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™
- Standard Interface(s)
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Pictbridge, Media Card Slots, USB Flash Memory Drive
- Design Style
- Duplex Copying
- ID Copy
- ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Black) ‡ (ppm)
- ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Color) ‡ (cpm)
- Poster Function
- Sorting Function
- Stand-Alone Copying
- Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 9.6" x 18.8" x 18.0"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 16.1" x 14.7" x 7.1"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- LCD Display
- 2.7" Color Touchscreen
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- Up to 2,500 Printed Pages
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 50 - 1000 Printed Pages
- Standard Memory (MB)
- Toner Save Mode
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages‡)
- Duplex Printing Capability
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, Envelope (C5), Envelope (Com-10), Envelope (DL), Envelope (Monarch), A4, Photo (4" x 6"), Photo (3.5" x 5"), Photo (5" x 7"), Photo (5" x 8")
- Recommended Paper Brands
- Innobella Glossy 8.5"x11" Photo Paper (BP71GLTR), Innobella Glossy 4"x6" Photo Paper (BP71GP20), Brother Plain Paper BP60MPLTR , Innobella Glassy 8.5" x 11" Photo Paper (BP61GLL), 3M 3410 Transparency Film
- Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)
- Machine Noise (Ready/Copying)
- 50dBA or Less
- Operating Environment: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Environment: Temperature
- 50 - 95° F
- Black ISO-Based Max Print Speed ‡ (ppm)
- Color ISO-Based Max Print Speed‡ (ppm)
- Consumable Type
- Ink Cartridge
- Print Technology
- Printer Driver Compatibility‡
- Windows, macOS®
- Duplex Scanning
- Optical Scan Resolution (max. dpi)
- 1200 x 2400 dpi (flatbed), 1200 x 600 dpi (ADF)
- Scan File Formats
- TIFF Single-page/Multi-page (TIF), JPEG (JPG), Windows Bitmap (BMP), MAX, HTML 3.2/4.0 (HTM), PDF Single-page/Multi-page (PDF/A, High Compression PDF, Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- "Scan To" Feature†
- E-mail‡, Image, OCR, File, USB
- Scanning Capability
- B/W and Color
- Carton Contents‡
- (4) Cartridges L101 Series CD-ROM – Assembly for Windows and Mac User's Manual Quick Setup Guide Telephone Line Cord
- 1 Year Limited
|Accepted Media Types‡||PictBridge-enabled camera, media cards & USB flash drive are additional purchases.|
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||The ADF can hold up to 20 pages, if you stagger the pages and meet the following conditions: Temperature- 68-78.8F (20-60c) Humidity - 45-50% withoutout condensation Paper: Using either BP60MPLTR or XEROX 20 lb. paper|
|Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡||Based on ITU-T Test Chart #1 with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Black Print Speed (max. ppm)||Resolutions are listed vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Borderless Printing||Borderless printing is available for Letter, 4"x6", 5"x8", 3.5"x5", 5"x7", A4, A3, A6, 3.9"x5.8" and 5.8"x7.8" paper sizes.|
|Broadcasting (# of locations)||Requires internet connection. For more details, visit www.connectprintshare.com.|
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Requires internet connection. For more details, visit www.connectprintshare.com.|
|Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Caller ID Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡||Requires internet connection and an account with a desired service. For more details visit, www.connectprintshare.com. Apple is a trademark of Apple, Inc. FLICKR is a registered trademark of Yahoo! Inc. Android, GOOGLE DRIVE and PICASA are trademarks of Google, Inc. Use of these trademarks are subject to Google Permissions.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Actual yield of starter cartridge will be approx. 80% of replacement 101 cartridge series, due to ink system initialization process. Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|ISO-based Copy Speed (black)‡||Copy speed using ADF. Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit http://www.brother-usa.com/data/warranty/PPM_page_L2.PDF.|
|ISO-based Copy Speed (color)‡||Copy speed using ADF. Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit http://www.brother-usa.com/data/warranty/PPM_page_L2.PDF.|
|ISO-based Print Speed (black)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For inkjet print speed methodology, please visit http://www.brother-usa.com/data/warranty/PPM_page_L2.PDF.|
|ISO-based Print Speed (color)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For inkjet print speed methodology, please visit http://www.brother-usa.com/data/warranty/PPM_page_L2.PDF.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. AirPrint® is a trademark of Apple Inc. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. For more details and mobile device compatibility, visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡||Max. capacity based on using 20 lb. paper.|
|Standard Network Interface||Cable(s) not included.|
|USB Direct Interface/PictBridge‡||PictBridge-enabled camera, media cards & USB flash drive are additional purchases.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary
In order to best assist you, please use one of the channels below to contact the Brother support team.
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Basic machine operation and specification questions
• Order status/tracking information
• Product/service feedback
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Wireless installation and troubleshooting
• Software and drivers
• Printing, copying, scanning, faxing issues and errors
Best for quick help with:
• Questions regarding basic machine operations and specifications
• Fax setup and operation
• Order status/Tracking information