- Blade Sensor Technology with Auto Blade
- Cuts up to 0.1” (3 mm) in thickness
- Stand alone machine, on-screen editing & built-in scanner
- See More
Can perfect crafting success be yours? It can, with the Brother ScanNCut DX just add imagination! Now, the only home and hobby cutting machine with a built-in scanner has essentially everything else you need. And want. Like Brother's revolutionary auto-blade sensor technology. It automatically detects material thickness to cut precise custom and built-in patterns. So, you can cut down on guesswork, and wasted material. It's a real timesaver! There's even a setting for making half cuts. Use it on vinyl-both positive and negative pieces for more crafty projects. You'll be able to create and edit designs quickly and easily on the 5-inch LCD touchscreen display. You'll love that you can weld, rotate and resize your designs right on the screen–no need to use a computer or complicated software. Just fire up your imagination and go! Moreover, ScanNCut DX has over 675 built-in designs. Including 100 quilt patterns and 9 lettering fonts. You can also choose from many new appliqué patterns and 3-D paper patterns. You get all of this, plus the multitude of custom designs you can create by combining the built-in designs with scanned images! Plus, wireless-ready features that work with CanvasWorkspace (internet connection required) to let you create virtually anywhere and anytime! Work remotely on your PC, tablet, or even on your phone and then send your cut files over to ScanNCut DX, wirelessly! Also, the machine is whisper quiet! Just right for those late-night crafting sessions. What else do you need to become a brilliant maker?
- Blade Sensor Technology with Auto Blade Revolutionary, home and hobby cutting machine technology detects the height (thickness) of the material placed on a ScanNCut DX compatible mat to cut precision custom and built-in patterns. No need to select material type nor adjust blade depth before cutting. Depending on the material, it is best to perform a test cut and/or adjust cutting pressure for a more perfect cut. There is also a setting to select half cut to for cutting the top layer of vinyl and not the backing.
- Auto Blade Brother introduces a blade that cuts up to 0.1” (3 mm) in thickness. Cut a wide-variety of materials* like foam and felt virtually effortlessly with Auto Blade. For use only with the ScanNCut DX machine and the ScanNCut DX Auto Blade Holder.
- Whisper Quiet Mechanism The Brother ScanNCut DX cuts and scans with little noise compared to previous models. Enjoy your DIY projects, card making, or quilting anytime day or night. The redesigned, quieter mechanism is perfect for use in small office or business setting where noise can be very distracting.
- Precise and Quick Cuts Help save time when creating and crafting as the ScanNCut DX cuts faster than previous ScanNCut models*. *Based on cutting a straight line along the XY axis.
- Scanner Height Position Lever The ScanNCut DX machine has 2 positions for the built-in scanner. Position 1 (lower position) is used when scanning thin materials, photographs, and like items for a better quality scan. Position 2 raises the scanner glass higher to scan thicker materials such as 3mm foam and for typical cutting and drawing.
- Built-in Storage and More The ScanNCut DX machine has ample storage for blades, touch pen, and other tools right inside the front cover! Everything that you store in these compartments stays put with the magnetic closures. Plus, the storage area can be used as a wide-flat work surface for securing materials to the mat. For smooth, even mat feeding the machine has a slide tray in the back.
- Wireless Network Ready Wirelessly^ transfer cut data from the machine to the CanvasWorkspace application. No additional activation card needed. Simply register for a Free account at http://canvasworkspace.brother.com to enable the functionality.
- Built-in Scanner Up to 600 DPI for Scan to USB. Turn your scanned images into unique one-of-a-kind cut designs and patterns. The secret lies in the high resolution built-in scanner. Scan virtually anything – a handmade drawing, child’s handwriting, cherished photos, and more – to create endless cut designs and save to the machine’s memory. As a bonus, use the ScanNCut DX machine as a home scanner to archive pictures, documents, and more and save to your USB memory stick for use in your computer. Enhanced scanning with color recognition. Choose to scan in either grayscale or color RGB mode.
- 682 Built-in Designs, Including 100 Quilt patterns, Plus 9 Lettering Fonts Get creative! Basic shapes, intricate designs, borders, quilt patterns, fonts, and more are all available on the easy-to-use 5-inch color LCD touchscreen display. Choose from many new appliqué patterns and 3-D paper patterns. Simply select a design, and then have it cut out on your material of choice. For adding even more variety to your creations, combine built-in designs or scan an image to create any number of one-of-a-kind designs.
- On-Screen Editing Editing designs is both quick and easy with ScanNCut DX. Every editing function can be done on the 5-inch LCD touch screen display. Easily convert your scanned designs into custom cut or draw files. Customize designs by changing the shape, size, or position, even using just part of a design. With the ability to weld, rotate and resize your designs, you’ll love having the ability to create fully detailed designs to your liking – all without the use of a computer or complicated software.
- Optional Thin Fabric Auto Blade§ (Sold Separately) This blade is designed to cut fabric used for quilting and raw edge appliqué purposes. Quilt with ease and help save time by cutting multiple pieces for your projects. Depending on the material, the Thin Fabric Auto Blade will cut thicknesses from 0.25 mm-0.5 mm. For use only with the ScanNCut DX machine and the ScanNCut DX Thin Fabric Auto Blade Holder.
- Scan-to-Cut-Data Now with a smooth line feature getting more clean cuts is easy, simply select from three settings (low, middle, high) on the machine to fine-tune your scanned image to a more precise cutting line. Scan and convert to cut data. Using the technology of the smart scanner, scan in your design and save it as data to cut or draw. ScanNCut DX will create cut lines automatically, and then within minutes, hand drawn elements can grace the pages of your artwork as a cut element or drawing with the assistance of the pen draw feature.
- Large Scanning and Cutting Area Using the included 12" x 12" cutting mat, or the 12" x 24" cutting mat* (available for additional purchase), easily create and cut a wide variety of designs – from one as small as a delicate snowflake for a holiday ornament or one as large as an inspirational wall quote to place in your family living room. Plus, the 12” x 12” cutting mat doubles as a scanning mat for ease of use! * SDX125 cannot scan the optional 12”x24” cutting or scanning mat.
- Optional Roll Feeder (sold separately) Expand creative possibilities by cutting up to 12” wide material✝ and up to 1785.3mm (70.2” or 5.85 feet) in length.** with the new roll feeder function that accommodates our ScanNCut adhesive vinyl rolls for home-décor items, car decals, signage and so much more! Plus, using our Universal Pen Holder drawing personalized banners is simple with the ScanNCut DX machine. In conjunction with CanvasWorkspace, create one-of -kind roll feeder cut data (.fcm file format) and get 1 Free design included with this accessory. *Design and cut area is 9.9” (251.8mm) **When using Brother specified material and conditions. This attachment includes a guide rail with trimmer blade to ensure straight cuts of rolled material for smooth feeding and alignment.
- Work Area
- 12" x 24" with optional mat
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- Carton Width
- Carton Height
- Carton Length
- Carton Weight
- 19.0 lbs
- Built-In Designs
- Built-In Fonts
- Built-In Memory
- Built-In Quilt Designs
- Direct Connection Via USB Cable
- On-Screen Editing
- USB Slots
- Wireless Connection to PC or Tablet
- Wireless Network Ready
- Zoom Function
- Background Scan Adjustment
- Darker, Lighter
- File Formats Supported
- FCM, SVG
- Maximum Scanning Width (in.)
- Scan to USB
- Scanner Capabilities
- Scanner Resolution (DPI)
- Scan-to-Cut Data
- Detection type: Outline, Detection type: Region, Detection type: Line (Thinning)
- USB Cable
- Not Included
- 1 Year Limited Parts & Labor, 2 Year Limited Electronic Components and Printed Circuit Boards
CADXMATSTD12This mat has tacky adhesive to secure the material for cutting and can be used multiple times. Specially designed for a wide range of materials from cardstock to fabrics with backing, accommodating up to 12” x 12” (305 mm x 305 mm).
CADXMATLOW12This mat has tacky adhesive to secure the material for cutting and can be used multiple times. Specially designed for delicate or thin paper like printer paper or vellum, accommodating up to 12" x 12" (305 mm x 305 mm).
CADXMATS12Specially designed for scanning materials up to 1 mm in thickness such as photos, artwork, and delicate papers. The scanning mat ensures a stable scanning quality.
CADXBLD1For use with ScanNCut DX Auto Blade Holder (not included). This blade is designed to cut a wide variety of materials including but not limited to paper, thick fabric, vinyl, and foam. Thickness ranging from 0.1 mm-3.0 mm depending on the material.
CADXHLD1For use only with ScanNCut DX Auto Blade (not included). This holder does not accommodate the thin fabric blade or other Brother Cutting machine blades.
|Auto Blade*||Material compatibility may vary. Always perform a trial/test cut to confirm a successful cut.|
|Optional Roll Feeder‡||When using Brother specified material and conditions. This attachment includes a guide rail with trimmer blade to ensure straight cuts of rolled material for smooth feeding and alignment.|
|Optional Thin Fabric Auto Blade§||The Thin Fabric Auto Blade and Thin Fabric Auto Blade Holder are optional accessories and sold separately.|
|Wireless Network Ready ^||Internet connection required|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary
In order to best assist you, please use one of the channels below to contact the Brother support team.
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Basic machine operation and specification questions
• Order status/tracking information
• Product/service feedback
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Wireless installation and troubleshooting
• Software and drivers
• Printing, copying, scanning, faxing issues and errors
Best for quick help with:
• Questions regarding basic machine operations and specifications
• Fax setup and operation
• Order status/Tracking information