Getting Started With iPrint&Scan
To start printing and scanning wirelessly, download the free iPrint&Scan app to your mobile device from its app store or marketplace. Next, make sure you're using a Wi-Fi network that is connected to a Brother machine on the same network. When you're connected, you're all set to print photos, web pages, PDF files, and more.
All About Printing
Available printing formats differ by device. Print JPEGs with your Windows Phone. If you have an Apple, Android, or Kindle Fire mobile device, you can print in both JPEG and PDF formats. Note that not all encrypted PDF files can be printed when using these devices, and fonts not embedded in the file may return varying results. Outputs automatically print in a paper tray selected by iPrint&Scan, but can be changed by adjusting the tray settings of the Brother machine.
All About Scanning
For Apple, Android, and Kindle Fire mobile devices, you can scan to both JPEG and PDF formats. After you're finished scanning, you can save the scanned files to photo albums on most mobile devices. Android and Kindle Fire users can also share the scanned files via other applications.
How Do I Troubleshoot If I Can't Find the Wireless Connection?
Check to see:
- Is your iPrint&Scan application updated to the most recent version?
- Is the machine you are trying to print to a supported model?
- Is the machine turned on?
- Is your device connected to the correct wireless network?
- Is the Brother machine you are trying to scan from a supported model?
- Is the correct IP address entered into your device? Make sure the printer IP address entered into the iPrint&Scan app matches the IP address listed on your Brother machine.