The Brother HL-5470DW is a cost efficient, reliable laser printer that is perfect for busy offices or small workgroups. It features fast monochrome printing at up to 40ppm and automatic duplex printing for producing professional two-sided documents. Users can share the HL-5470DW with others on their network via its built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n or Ethernet interfaces, and wirelessly print from their mobile device via‡: AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct®. Plus, it provides flexible paper handling and uses a high-yield 8,000-page‡ replacement toner cartridge to help lower running costs.
- Flexible connectivity†. Built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n and Ethernet network interfaces allow you to share the HL-5470DW with multiple users on your network. Eliminate extra cables and conveniently place your printer with wireless networking or connect locally via its Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface.
- Automatic two-sided printing. Produce professional two-sided documents, brochures, and booklets using the built-in duplex feature. This feature can help save money and cut your paper usage in half.
- Fast, high-quality output. The HL-5470DW has a print speed of up to 40 pages per minute, making it ideal for busy offices. Plus, it offers up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution for crisp, clear text and excellent graphics.
- Versatile paper handling. The Brother™ HL-5470DW offers an adjustable 250-sheet capacity paper tray‡ for letter or legal size paper and a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray‡ for printing letterhead and custom paper sizes. Add an optional 500-sheet capacity paper tray‡ for additional capacity.
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution
- Built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n and Ethernet network interfaces
- Prints up to 40ppm
- 300-sheet standard paper capacity, expandable‡
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing
- Easy to set up and use. Users with wireless access points that support Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ or AOSS™ can automatically configure their wireless settings by simply pressing a button on their router.
- Print from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct™
- Convenient mobile device printing. Print from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct®.
- High-yield 8,000-page‡ replacement toner cartridge available
- Cost efficient performance‡. Spend less time replacing supplies and help reduce running costs with high-yield 8,000-page‡ replacement toner cartridge.
- Outstanding customer support. The Brother™ HL-5470DW offers a 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Industry Specific Certifications
- Cerner Certified
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct®.
- One-Push Wireless Setup
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™, AOSS™
- Standard Interface(s)
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA(Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Server, TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, Web Services (Print), CIFS Client, SNTP client
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- NDP, RA, DNS resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS,TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c, ICMPv6,Web Services (Print), CIFS Client, SNTP Client
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 19.6" x 18.8" x 15.0"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 27.6 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 14.6" x 15.1" x 10.1"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 23.1 lbs.
- Black Print Speed (max. ppm)
- 40ppm Black
- CPU (Processor) Speed
- 400 MHz
- Duplex Printing Capability
- PCL6, BR-Script3‡, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX
- First Time to Print
- Less than 8.5 sec.‡
- LCD Display
- Yes (1-line, Backlit)
- Max. Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 50,000 pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Yes (max. memory up to 384MB)‡
- Print Resolution (max dpi)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print Technology
- B/W Laser Technology‡
- Printer Driver Compatibility†
- Windows®, Mac OS®, Linux
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 500 to 3,500 pages
- Standard Memory
- 128MB Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Manual Feed/Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡
- 50-Sheet Multi-purpose Tray
- Media Type
- Plain, Bond, Envelopes, Labels, Recycled Paper
- Optional Paper Trays (capacity)
- LT-5400‡ (500 sheets)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- 150 sheets
- Paper Handling Size - Multi-Purpose Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Envelopes, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 5.0-16" (l))
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6
- Recommended Paper Brands
- Plain Paper: Xerox 4200DP 20 lb., Hammermill Laser Paper 24 lb., Labels: Avery Laser Label #5160
- Sheet Weight - Multi-purpose Tray (min/max)
- 16-43 lbs. (bond)
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (min/max)
- 16-28 lbs. (bond)
- Standard Paper Capacity (sheets)‡
- 250-Sheet Input Capacity
Power & Operating Requirements
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- EPA ENERGY STAR® TEC Value
- 2.481 kWh / Week
- Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)
- 34dB / 59dB
- Operating Env: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Env: Temperature
- 50-90.5 degrees F
- Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Sleep/Ready/Printing
- <0.01W/0.6W/(WLAN On: 2.9W)/5.0W/716W
- Power Source
- AC 120V 50/60 Hz
- 802.1x Enterprise Security
- EAP-MD5, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS (Ethernet & Wireless)
- Security Functions
- Secure function lock, secure print, setting lock
- Wireless Network Security
- WEP 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 3,000 Pages‡)(1) DR720 Drum Unit (yields approx. 30,000 Pages‡)Documentation / Installation CD-ROM AC Power CordQuick Setup Guide
- "In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡
- (1) Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (3,000 Pages)(1) DR720 Drum Unit (30,000 Pages)
- 1 Year Limited
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|First Time to Print||From Ready Mode and standard tray.|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. AirPrint is a trademark of Apple Inc. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. For more details and mobile device compatibility, visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary
In order to best assist you, please use one of the channels below to contact the Brother support team.
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Basic machine operation and specification questions
• Order status/tracking information
• Product/service feedback
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Wireless installation and troubleshooting
• Software and drivers
• Printing, copying, scanning, faxing issues and errors
Best for quick help with:
• Questions regarding basic machine operations and specifications
• Fax setup and operation
• Order status/Tracking information