High-Performance Monochrome Laser Printer for Businesses with Larger Print VolumesThe Brother HL-6180DW is the ultimate high volume monochrome laser printer solution for medium sized businesses and small workgroups. It features reliable, high-speed printing at up to 42ppm and automatic duplex printing for producing professional two-sided documents and booklets. The HL-6180DW provides a large 550-sheet‡ paper capacity for fewer refills, and offers low cost output via a super high-yield 12,000-page‡ replacement toner cartridge. Users can share the HL-6180DW with others on their network via its built-in Gigabit Ethernet or wireless 802.11b/g/n interfaces, and wirelessly print from their mobile device via‡: AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct®.
- Flexible connectivity†. Built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n and Gigabit Ethernet network interfaces allow you to share the HL-6180DW with multiple users on your network. Eliminate extra cables and conveniently place your printer with wireless networking or connect locally to its Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface.
- Automatic two-sided printing. Use the duplex feature to produce professional brochures, documents and booklets. This feature can help save money and cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
- High-speed, professional output. With a print speed of up to 42 pages per minute, this printer is ideal for busy offices. Plus, it offers up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution for crisp, clear text and excellent graphics.
- Large paper capacity. Easily handle your large print jobs via an adjustable 500-sheet capacity paper tray‡ and 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray‡. For additional capacity, an optional 500-sheet capacity paper tray‡ is available.
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution
- Built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n and Gigabit Ethernet network interfaces
- Prints up to 42ppm
- 550-sheet standard paper capacity, expandable‡
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing
- Easy to set up and use. Users with wireless access points that support Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ or AOSS™ can automatically configure their wireless settings by simply pressing a button on their router.
- Print from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct™
- Convenient mobile device printing. Print from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct®.
- Super high-yield 12,000-page‡ replacement toner cartridge available
- Low cost printing. Spend less time replacing supplies and produce low cost output via 12,000-page‡ super high-yield replacement toner cartridge.
- Outstanding customer support. The Brother HL-6180DW offers a 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Industry Specific Certifications
- Cerner Certified
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct®.
- One-Push Wireless Setup
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™, AOSS™
- Standard Interface(s)
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA(Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100,IPP/IPPS, FTP Server, TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c/ v3, ICMP, Web Services (Print), CIFS client, SNTP client
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- NDP, RA, DNS resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Server,TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c, ICMPv6,Web Services (Print), CIFS Client, SNTP Client
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 19.6" x 18.8" x 16.2"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 30.0 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 14.6" x 15.1" x 11.3"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 25.4 lbs.
- Black Print Speed (max. ppm)
- 42ppm Black
- CPU (Processor) Speed
- 400 MHz
- Duplex Printing Capability
- PCL6, BR-Script3‡, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX
- First Time to Print
- Less than 8.5 sec.‡
- LCD Display
- Yes (1-line, Backlit)
- Max. Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 100,000 pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Yes (max. memory up to 384MB)‡
- Print Resolution (max dpi)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print Technology
- B/W Laser Technology‡
- Printer Driver Compatibility†
- Windows®, Mac OS®, Linux
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 1,000 to 5,000 pages
- Standard Memory
- 128MB Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Manual Feed/Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡
- 50-Sheet Multi-purpose Tray
- Media Type
- Plain, Bond, Envelopes, Labels, Recycled Paper
- Optional Paper Trays (capacity)
- LT-5400‡ (500 sheets)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- 150 sheets
- Paper Handling Size - Multi-Purpose Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Envelopes, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 5.0-16" (l))
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6
- Recommended Paper Brands
- Plain Paper: Xerox 4200DP 20 lb., Hammermill Laser Paper 24 lb., Labels: Avery Laser Label #5160
- Sheet Weight - Multi-purpose Tray (min/max)
- 16-43 lbs. (bond)
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (min/max)
- 16-28 lbs. (bond)
- Standard Paper Capacity (sheets)‡
- 500-Sheet Input Capacity
Power & Operating Requirements
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- EPA ENERGY STAR® TEC Value
- 2.475 kWh / Week
- Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)
- 34dB / 59dB
- Operating Env: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Env: Temperature
- 50-90.5 degrees F
- Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Sleep/Ready/Printing
- <0.01W/0.7W/(WLAN On: 2.9W)/4.9W/727W
- Power Source
- AC 120V 50/60 Hz
- 802.1x Enterprise Security
- EAP-MD5, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS (Ethernet & Wireless)
- Security Functions
- Secure function lock, secure print, setting lock
- Wireless Network Security
- WEP 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 3,000 Pages‡)(1) DR720 Drum Unit (yields approx. 30,000 Pages‡)CD-ROM – Installation CD-ROM AC Power CordQuick Setup Guide
- "In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡
- (1) Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (3,000 Pages)(1) DR720 Drum Unit (30,000 Pages)
- 1 Year Limited
There are no accessories for this model currently.
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|First Time to Print||From Ready Mode and standard tray.|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. AirPrint is a trademark of Apple Inc. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. For more details and mobile device compatibility, visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary