The Brother MFC-8710DW is a cost efficient, monochrome laser All-in-One for your busy office or business. It combines high-speed, reliable printing and copying up to 40ppm, high-quality color scanning, and faxing into one durable design. Share with others on your network via its built-in Ethernet or wireless 802.11b/g/n interfaces or print from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct®. Plus, the MFC-8710DW can print two-sided output using the automatic duplex feature and scan or copy bound materials via the legal-size document glass or multi-page documents using the 50-page capacity auto document feeder.
- Fast, high-quality printing and copying. Produces professional black & white output at impressive print and copy speeds of up to 40 pages per minute.
- Automatic duplex printing. Print professional two-sided documents and booklets. Also, create two-sided output from one-sided originals when copying and faxing. This feature can reduce your paper use by up to 50% and helps saves money.
- Cost efficient performance. A high-yield 8,000-page‡ toner cartridge is available to help lower your operating costs.
- Flexible connectivity†. Print, scan or PC fax over your wireless 802.11b/g/n or Ethernet network or connect locally via its Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface.
- Legal-size document glass. This laser All-in-One allows you to easily copy or color scan bound materials or up to legal-size documents.
- 50-page capacity auto document feeder‡. Use for unattended copying, faxing or scanning of multi-page documents (up to legal size).
- Flexible paper handling. The MFC-8710DW features an adjustable, 250-sheet capacity tray for letter or legal-size paper, plus a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray. An optional 500-sheet capacity paper tray‡ is available for additional capacity.
- Convenient walk-up printing and scanning. A USB Direct Interface is located on the front of the machine for printing files from or scanning files to your USB flash memory drive‡.
- 50-page capacity auto document feeder for multi-page documents
- Flatbed color scanning with a legal-size document glass
- High-yield 8,000-page‡ replacement toner cartridge available
- 300-sheet standard paper capacity, expandable‡
- Up to 40ppm print and copy speeds
- Automatic duplex (2-sided) printing
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Industry Specific Certifications
- Cerner Certified, Performance Matters™ Certified
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct®.
- One-Push Wireless Setup
- AOSS™ or Wi-Fi Protected Setup™
- Standard Interface(s)
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing, Scanning, PC Fax Send / Receive PC fax receive not available for Mac OS®), I-Fax, Corporate Address Book (LDAP)
- Standard Network Interface
- Network (Ethernet) and 802.11b/g/n Wireless I/F
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA(Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, POP3, SMTP Client, IPP/IPPS, FTP Client and Server, LDAP Client, CIFS Client, TELNET Server, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, ICMP, Web Services (Print/Scan), SNTP Client
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- NDP, RA, DNS resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Client and Server, LDAP Client, CIFS Client, TELNET Server, SNMPv1/v2c, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, ICMPv6, SNTP Client, Web Services (Print/Scan)
- USB Direct Interface/PictBridge‡
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™
- Yes (802.11b/g/n)
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 40cpm Black
- Copying Capability
- B/W Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Duplex Copying
- ID Copy
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 23.4" x 21.0" x 23.8"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 44.1 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 19.3" x 16.3" x 17.6"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 35.9 lbs.
- Auto Fax Receive Date/Time Header
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 2.5 seconds per page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (366 locations)
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- Duplex Faxing
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 33.6K bps Super G3 Fax Modem
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 500 page fax memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Quick Scan/Memory Transmission (approx. sec/page)‡
- Approx. 2.5 sec/page
- Total Auto Dial Locations
- 316 locations
- LCD Display
- Yes (Monochrome)
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 22 characters/5 lines
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 50,000 printed pages
- 802.1x Enterprise Security
- EAP-MD5, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS (Ethernet & Wireless)
- Security Functions
- Secure Function Lock, Setting Lock, Secure Print
- Wireless Network Security
- WEP 64/128, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES), LEAP(CKIP), EAP-FAST(TKIP/AES)
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 3,000 Pages‡)(1) DR720 Drum Unit (yields approx. 30,000 Pages‡)Quick Set Up and Basic User's GuideDocumentation/Installation CDAC Power CordTelephone Line Cord
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- (1) Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (3,000 Pages)(1) DR720 Drum Unit (30,000 Pages)
- 1 Year Limited
There are no accessories for this model currently.
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|Fax Page Memory (max. pages)‡||Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 with JBIG coding and standard resolution.|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||Max. capacity based on using 20 lb. paper.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. For more details regarding Brother iPrint&Scan app visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|Optical Scan Resolution (max. dpi)||Max. dpi from glass: max 1200 x 600 dpi from ADF|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Scan Drivers Included‡||SANE and ISIS drivers are available for download from Brother Solutions Center. Visit http://solutions.brother.com.|
|"Scan To" Feature†||Scan to E-mail Server requires SMTP/POP3 mail server support. Download from Brother Solutions Center at http://solutions.brother.com. Scan to Network Folder (CIFS) not available for Mac OS®.|
|Standard Network Features†||Download Internet Fax and LDAP from http://solutions.brother.com.|
|USB Direct Interface / PictBridge‡||PDF (up to ver. 1.7), JPEG, XPS and Secure PDF files via your USB flash memory driveUSB 2.0 Standard. USB Mass Storage standard from 16MB to 8GB. Support format: FAT12/FAT16/FAT32|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary