The Brother Work Smart Series MFC-J690DW delivers affordable printing plus the features and functions to meet your home, home office or small office print, copy, scan, and fax needs. This wireless color inkjet all-in-one reliably delivers high-quality output and enables wireless mobile device printing from your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet‡. The automatic document feeder, 100-sheet capacity paper tray, bypass and 4”x6” photo trays handle a variety of sizes and specialty papers. Automatic duplex (2-sided) printing helps save paper while the compact design saves desk space. Setup and connectivity are simple with the 2.7” color touchscreen display providing easy menu navigation. Cloud connectivity lets you print-from and scan-to popular Cloud services directly from the printer‡. Includes a two-year limited warranty and free online, call, or live chat support for the life of the printer.
- Compact, and easy to connect. Compact color inkjet all-in-one printer that fits in tight spaces in your home, home office or small office so you can easily print, copy, scan and fax.
- Simple to connect your way. Versatile connection options with built-in wireless or connect locally to a single computer via USB interface.
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet‡.
- Intuitive Cloud connection. Print-from and scan-to popular Cloud services directly from the printer including Google Drive™, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive and more‡.
- Quickly scan and share documents. Easily scan and share documents using Brother Cloud Apps‡.
- Versatile paper handling. Automatic document feeder and 100-sheet paper tray capacity that adjusts for letter or legal-size paper.
- Helps save money and paper. Automatic duplex (2-sided) printing plus available high-yield replacement cartridges for cost savings.
- Choose from flexible output options. Bypass and 4”x 6” photo trays handle a variety of specialty papers and sizes and let you print color photos.
- Intuitive 2.7” color touchscreen display. Generous 2.7” color touchscreen enables easy onscreen menu navigation.
- At your side support. 2-Year Limited Warranty and free online, call, or live chat support for the life of your printer.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Brother Cloud Apps‡
- Scan to Word, Scan To Excel, Scan To PowerPoint, Scan to Searchable PDF, Easy Scan to E-mail
- Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡
- GOOGLE DRIVE™/GOOGLE DRIVE for Business, ONENOTE, BOX/BOX for Business, EVERNOTE®/EVERNOTE Business, ONEDRIVE/ONEDRIVE for Business, DROPBOX/DROPBOX for Business
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print™, Brother iPrint&Scan, Mopria®, Wi-Fi Direct®
- Standard Interface(s)
- Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Wi Fi Direct, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- SNMPv1/v2c, APIPA (Auto IP), TFTP Server, ARP, BOOTP, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, DHCP, DNS Resolver, ICMP, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, mDNS, RARP, SNTP Client, Web Services (Print/Scan), WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- TFTP Server, NDP, RA, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, SNMPv1/v2c, ICMPv6, SNTP Client, Web Services (Print/Scan)
- Copy Capability
- Copy Resolution
- 1200 x 600 dpi
- Duplex Copying
- ID Copy
- ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Black) ‡ (ppm)
- ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Color) ‡ (cpm)
- N in 1 Functions
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Sorting Function
- Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 9.8" x 18.8" x 18.0"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 15.7" x 13.4" x 6.8"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- Fax Modem Speed
- 14.4k bps
- Fax Page Memory‡ (max. pages)
- PC Fax Capability (Send/Receive)‡
- Ink Save Mode
- LCD Display
- 2.7" Color Touchscreen
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- Up to 2,500
- Operating System Compatibility
- PC: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7; Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 Mac(R): OS X v10.11.6, 10.12.x, 10.13.x
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- Up to 1,000
- Standard Memory (MB)
- Duplex Printing Capability
- Maximum Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡
- Maximum Input for ADF (Width/Height)
- Minimum Input for ADF (Width/Height)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, Index Card (5" x 8"), Envelope (C5), Envelope (DL), Envelope (Monarch), Photo (4" x 6"), Photo (5" x 7")
- Sheet Weight - ADF (Min/Max)
- 17-24 lbs.
- Sorting Function
- Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)
- Operating Environment: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Environment: Temperature
- 50-95° F
- Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Ready/Copying
- Approx. 0.2W / 1.2W / 3.5W / 18W
- Power Source
- AC 120V 50/60Hz
- Black ISO-Based Max Print Speed ‡ (ppm)
- Borderless Printing
- Color ISO-Based Max Print Speed‡ (ppm)
- Consumable Type
- Ink Cartridge
- Duplex Printing Standard
- Print Resolution (max. dpi)
- 6000 x 1200 dpi
- Print Technology
- Printer Driver Compatibility‡
- Windows, macOS®
- Duplex Scanning
- Interpolated Scan Resolution† (max. dpi)
- 19200 x 19200 dpi
- Mobile Device Scanning App‡
- Brother iPrint&Scan
- Optical Scan Resolution (max. dpi)
- 1200 x 2400 dpi (flatbed), 1200 x 600 dpi (ADF)
- Scan File Formats
- JPEG (JPG), PDF Single-page/Multi-page (PDF/A, High Compression PDF
- "Scan To" Feature†
- E-mail‡, Image, OCR, File, Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡
- Scanning Capability
- B/W and Color
- Carton Contents‡
- LC3011BK/C/M/Y Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow Starter Ink Cartridges‡, Quick Setup Guide, Product Safety Guide, Product Registration Sheet, Installation & Documentation CD-ROM, Telephone Line Cord
- 2 Year Limited
|Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡||Based on ITU-T test chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Borderless Printing‡||Borderless printing is available for Letter, 4"x6", 5"x8", 5"x7", A4, A6, 3.9"x5.8" and 5.8"x7.8" paper sizes.|
|Broadcasting (# of locations)‡||B&W only.|
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Requires internet connection.|
|Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Carton Contents‡||Actual yield of starter cartridge will be approx. 100% of replacement LC3011 series, due to ink system initialization on process. Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711.|
|Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡||Requires internet connection and an account with desired service.|
|Fax Page Memory (max. pages)‡||Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 at standard resolution and highest compression mode.|
|ISO-based Copy Speed (black)‡||Copy speed using ADF. Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|ISO-based Copy Speed (color)‡||Copy speed using ADF. Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|ISO-based Print Speed (black)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For inkjet print speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|ISO-based Print Speed (color)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For inkjet print speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network.|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)‡||Resolutions are listed vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Product Images‡||Images are for illustrative purposes only.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|USB Direct Interface||Additional purchase required.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary